Social Media Intern
1 person is interested
The Social Media Intern will contribute to managing our presence across all digital platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn). Responsibilities include: researching, drafting, and posting engaging and timely social content; curating images from program events for online publication; and media monitoring, tracking and reporting to the SCFG team.
This is an unpaid opportunity where the intern will learn and develop a variety of highly competitive resume building skills including organization, teamwork, communication skills and customer service, multi-tasking, service learning, and networking.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About SCIENCE CLUB FOR GIRLS INC
136 MAGAZINE STREET, CAMBRIDGE, MA 02139, US
Our mission is to foster excitement, confidence and literacy in STEM for girls, especially those belonging to underrepresented communities, by providing free, experiential programs, and maximizing their interactions with female mentors in these fields. Our goals are to reduce barriers of access/improve girls' attitudes towards STEM, increase their academic confidence through engaging curriculum, and bolster the resilience of adolescent girls through programs that support their socio-emotional development and strengthen their network of caring adults.
Science Club for Girls (SCFG) was founded in 1994 in Cambridge by two mothers concerned about gender equity in science education. Initially a single kindergarten club, SCFG has significantly expanded, and now includes girls in grades k-12.
SCFG provides free, hands-on STEM explorations to girls from communities typically underrepresented in STEM fields by race and income. Our programs run as clubs, led by women STEM mentors, which meet in small groups weekly each semester and are organized by age/grade level as follows:
- K-5th grade Science Clubs: 8-10 weeks of hands-on explorations led by volunteer women mentor scientists and Junior Mentors in weekly after school and Saturday settings.
- STEMinistas: Inquiry and project-based team learning Science Clubs for middle school girls, centered on the core concepts of engineering and the design process also led by women mentors.
- Junior Mentors: A leadership development program for girls in grades 8-12 who also serve as near-peer mentors that co-teach with adult mentors in K-5th grade clubs.
We'll work with your schedule.
136 Magazine StreetCambridge, MA 02139
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Social media intern is required to make at least two postings each week on all platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn). Approximately 1 hour of work per week.