Community Educators are volunteer public speakers who help Alzheimer's Association raise awareness, provide education and expand the reach of educational offerings in the community. These volunteers deliver presentations using prepared training materials on topics related to Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.
- Ablilty to communicate effectively
- Compassionate, friendly and courteous
- Experience with public speaking or/and the ability to speak comfortably in front of a group
- Dependable and prompt
- Commit to presenting at 4 events per year (2-4 hours in length)
About Alzheimer's Association Miami Valley Chapter
31 W. Whipp Rd, Dayton, OH 45459, US
Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all who are affected.
We believe that with the right amount of information, education and support we can empower all affected to live the best lives possible.
We'll work with your schedule.
31 W. Whipp RdDayton, OH 45459
- Adult Education
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Public Speaking
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per month
- Must complete volunteer application and interview.