DONATE TO THIS
13 people are interested
Want to save the planet? Join the world’s largest environmental movement.
Earth Day Network is looking for qualified volunteers with a strong interest in the environment to help fulfill its mission: mobilizing people to protect the Earth for future generations.
Earth Day Network is a nonprofit organization that works with more than 50,000 partners in 196 countries to sustain and support the modern environmental movement. Volunteers will work closely with EDN’s staff to conduct research and coordinate grassroots outreach.
April 22, 2020, marks the 50th anniversary of Earth Day. Earth Day Network Volunteers will be vital in preparing for this event, while working toward solving climate change, ending plastic pollution and protecting endangered species - all while activating the environmental movement across the globe.
Specific Responsibilities May Include:
- Phone and Email Banking to interested parties
- Supporting Earth Day Network in our efforts to connect our global network of grassroots organizations, local authorities, educators, and youth.
- Participating in the planning, execution, and promotion of year-round campaigns.
- Assisting in the research, evaluation, and outreach to prospective and current partners.
- Contributing to the coordination, resource development, and planning of events, activities, and programs.
About Earth Day Network
1616 P St NW, Suite 340, Washington, DC 20036, US
Earth Day Network’s mission is to diversify, educate and activate the environmental movement worldwide. Growing out of the first Earth Day, Earth Day Network is the world’s largest recruiter to the environmental movement, working with more than 75,000 partners in nearly 192 countries to build environmental democracy. More than 1 billion people now participate in Earth Day activities each year, making it the largest civic observance in the world. We work through a combination of education, public policy, and consumer campaigns.
Earth Day Network is a driving force steering environmental awareness around the world. Through Earth Day Network, global citizens, group leaders, students, and organizations impact their communities through positive change in local, national, and global policies. EDN's international network reaches over 75,000 partners in 192 countries, while our domestic program keeps over 5,000 groups and over 100,000 educators coordinating millions of community development and environmental protection activities throughout the year. As a result, Earth Day is the largest secular holiday celebrated around the globe by people of all backgrounds, faiths and nationalities.
We welcome all citizens of the earth to spread our message of change through connecting and advocacy through education. Join our movement today!
We'll work with your schedule.
1616 P St. NWSuite 340WashingtonWashington, DC 20036
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- We will work with you! We are hoping to have volunteer schedules that range from 4-10 hours a week, but can work with you to ensure it is a good fit.