40 people are interested
Motion Graphic Designer and Animator for Africa Education Nonprofit
ORGANIZATION: Anike Foundation Inc
Please visit the new page to apply.
40 people are interested
Unpaid volunteers, 2-10 hours per week, 2-6 months, remote
Anike Foundation is seeking creative Motion Graphic Designers and Animators. You are a graduate student pursuing a degree in computer animation or a professional 3D Artist and Animator who would like to apply their creativity and passion to a worthwhile charitable cause while honing your skills and expanding your portfolio? You have created beautiful motion graphics and animations for use on websites and web videos? You have created 2D and 3D explainer videos, showcasing products or projects? If this is you, then get in touch with us!How you’ll make an impact:
Your artwork and animations will play a center role in Anike Foundation’s online presence, media and fundraising campaigns. Your designs will directly determine the success and outcomes of fundraising campaigns and in turn the success of our programs.What you will do:
- Understand Anike Foundation’s mission, vision and strategic plans and visualize them in beautiful motion graphics and animations.
- Create animations of traditional African folktales.
- Create short 1 min animated explainer videos for YouTube, social media and ad campaigns, showcasing our mission and programs.
- Experience as a Motion Graphic Designer/Animator
- You have a strong, focused sense of visual style and taste, and you can clearly articulate your design decisions.
- You already have access to software or equipment needed to do the work and are proficient in it.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to give and receive feedback and constructive criticism.
- Fluent with storyboarding and directing informational graphics
- Mastery of 2D animations using Adobe After Effects
- Excellent sense of motion design, beautiful animations, cinematography, graphic/information design using typography, iconography and layout design
- Organized and methodical with projects, while being a self-manager
- Passionate about the motion design such that you are a knowledge expert of styles, ideas, and trends
- Advanced with Adobe Photoshop, proficient with Adobe Illustrator
- Strong communication skills
- Strong desire to work in the educational games space
- Receptive to feedback and iterative/experimental design methodology
- A beautiful portfolio for us to see your impressive works of art
- Passionate about education and creating beautiful visual experiences for kids
- Entrepreneurial at heart and interested in learning new skills to help a small team create something really big!
Why Volunteer With Us?
At Anike Foundation, we believe that access to quality education is a basic human right. Sadly, millions of children in Africa lack this access. We provide essential educational materials and resources to African youths. We have helped thousands of people in several African countries, but millions more are yearning for help. We rely on a strong volunteer base and the generosity of individuals and corporations.
Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in an environment of supportive people that are always willing to help you.
Anike Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, religion, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, military and veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation.
We are strongly committed to a diverse and multicultural team, and encourage applicants from all walks of life and different parts of the world.
Please visit our website for more information: https://anikefoundation.org/How To Apply
If you are interested and have the skills listed, please complete this 10-minute application form: https://forms.gle/BPpQGJyBNg8sR5wF7.
Once we receive your application, one of our Administrative Assistants will reach out to you. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Anike Foundation!
Note:- In favor, upon satisfactory completion of two months of volunteer service, you will receive a LinkedIn recommendation, testimonial, spotlight in a newsletter, and/or a professional reference.
About Anike Foundation Inc
PO BOX 435, WEST BOYLSTON, MA 01583, US
Anike Foundation promotes education and empowers African youths through the provision of educational materials and resources.
Since 2007, Anike Foundation has dedicated its work to one clear purpose: making education accessible to improve the livelihoods of individuals in Africa. With over 200 partners in 20 countries across the continent, the Foundation has touched thousands of lives through its funding of essential programs. Over the past fifteen years, the foundation has worked directly with grassroots African NGOs and accredited learning institutions to distribute school supplies - such as workbooks, pencils and sports equipment - to primary schools in need.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 13, 2024
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Animation Software