ASL Outreach Volunteer
1 person is interested
FARGO PUBLIC LIBRARY OUTREACH PROGRAM
ASL Outreach Volunteer
Importance of Position: Provide library materials and services to deaf homebound individuals
who are unable to come to the Fargo Public Library due to physical disability.
- Submit volunteer application and sign a background Inquiry Release Form.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Be 18 years of age or older, and have the ability to read and write English at a 12 th grade level.
- Be conversant in American Sign Language.
- Be able to bend, push, pull, stretch, reach and lift 40 pounds consistently.
- Ability to be sensitive, patient, understanding and respectful of clients’ situation and needs.
- Have a sense of humor and a willingness to be creative, flexible, and enthusiastic.
- Have good communication, listening and organizational skills.
- Willingness to commit to a consistent twice per month delivery schedule.
Responsible to: Outreach Librarian
- Successfully complete training program.
- Select, check out and deliver library materials to assigned client twice a month on a regular schedule.
- Return used materials to the circulation area to be checked in and shelved.
- Meet reporting requirements including monthly reports on hours of service, items delivered and materials used. If you are unable to make a delivery for any reason, notify Outreach Librarian immediately.
Time Commitment: After initial training, 1-2 hours to prepare and deliver materials
Length of Commitment: Usually one year, but negotiable for students
Grounds for Termination (including, but not limited to):
- Failure to successfully complete the training program
- Failure to carry out assigned responsibilities
- Breach of confidentiality
About Fargo Public Library
102 North 3rd St., Fargo, ND 58102, US
The Fargo Public Library provides effective and efficient library services to meet our patrons' personal, professional, and lifelong learning needs.
The Fargo Public Library provides a wide variety of services and collections to the citizens of Fargo. A primary service the library provides is our Outreach Program that brings library resources to citizens who aren't able to visit the library. The Outreach program is primarily staffed by volunteers. For more information please contact Pam Strait at firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll work with your schedule.
102 North 3rd St.Fargo, ND 58102
- American Sign Language
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- After initial training, 1-2 hours twice per month