DogFest Bay Area Event Planning
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
20 people are interested
Do you enjoy dogs? Do you enjoy fun festivals? Help us put dogs and festivals together and volunteer to coordinate an awesome event at Jack London Square!
Canine Companions for Independence is looking for fun-loving volunteers to help organize a Halloween themed dog festival next fall on Saturday, October, 31, 2020!
There are many opportunities to use your talents, including:
- Publicity/Marketing - Are you a social media guru? Do you know the best spots to flyer to let people know about this awesome event? Do you have connections with local media/radio/television?
- Volunteer/participant Recruitment - Are you great at recruiting family, friends, and colleagues to join the fun?
- Sponsorship - Do you have a sales background? Do you love networking and making connections?
- Entertainment - Do you know any local DJ's, bands, or Emcees that might want to be involved?
- Logistics - Do you like organization and creating timelines? Do you like making beautiful maps of with vendors, staging, etc?
- Accounting - Are you skilled with numbers? Can you create a budget to help us stay on track?
This is staff supported event, so please know that including your fellow organizers, this event would have staff support as well!
About Canine Companions for Independence, Northwest Region
2965 Dutton Avenue, P.O. Box 446, Santa Rosa, CA 95402, US
Canine Companions for Independence is a non-profit organization that enhances the lives of people with disabilities by providing highly trained assistance dogs and ongoing support to ensure quality partnerships
Canine Companions for Independence provides expertly-trained assistance dogs to children, adults and veterans with disabilities free of charge. Canine Companions assistance dogs perform physical tasks for people with disabilities, including picking up dropped items and delivering them to their handler, turning on and off lights, opening and closing doors and drawers, and other tasks to increase their handlers independence. Canine Companions also trains hearing dogs to alert people who are deaf or hard of hearing to important sounds in their environment. Canine Companions relies on the support of thousands of volunteers across the country.
Headquartered in Santa Rosa, CA, Canine Companions is the largest non-profit provider of assistance dogs, and is recognized worldwide for the excellence of its dogs, and the quality and longevity of the matches it makes between dogs and people. The result is a life full of increased independence and loving companionship.
Jack London Square472 Water StreetOakland, CA 94607
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Volunteers meet once a month, while you can expect to be working on projects 1-2 hours a week. Commitment typically increases closer to the event.