Celebrate Local Writers
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
Literary Legends honors the accomplishments of local authors and publishers, and raises funds for the Albany Public Library. A party in the library, Literary Legends moves around to different branches and takes place this year at the Washington Avenue Branch. Wine, hors d’ourves, dancing, and great conversations with other lovers of literature, between the stacks in the Library at night.
Literary Legends is put together through the work of volunteers, and we need many hands on deck to make the party a success. Volunteers, of course, don't need to buy a ticket to come to the party!
Volunteer before the gala:
- Silent Auction Join the Silent Auction Committee and reach out to local businesses for Silent Auction items. Requirements: Come to one in-office training or gala committee meeting to pick up Silent Auction forms, and then go for it! (Ongoing, until September 21.)
- Mailing List Cleanup: Come to our office for 2-4 hours to help clean up the invitation mailing list. (Before August 15.)
Volunteer day of the gala:
- Help set-up at 161 Washington Ave , 4pm to 6pm
- Help breakdown and clean-up after the event - 9:30pm - 11pm
- We have additional roles for groups who would like to volunteer as a group. Contact APL Foundation before 10/2 if your group is interested.
Volunteer after the gala:
- Silent Auction Follow-up: Phoning silent auction winners or delivering silent auction prizes to offices in walking distance of 161 Washington Ave. Come for 2-4 hours. 10/21 - 10/29
About ALBANY PUBLIC LIBRARY FOUNDATION INC
161 WASHINGTON AVE, ALBANY, NY 12210, US
The Albany Public Library Foundation provides critical financial support to the Albany (NY) Public Library in order to help the Library provide education, literacy, career development, cultural enrichment and lifelong learning.
The APL Foundation’s purpose is to
- Benefit, promote, support, encourage and generally enhance the programs and facilities of the Albany Public Library
- Provide financial assistance and support for specific Library programs and projects, and
- Assist the Library Board of Trustees in making its programs and facilities more valuable to the community.
The APL Foundation is functionally integrated with the Albany Public Library.
Re-energized in 2014, the APL Foundation is building a robust organization to support the Albany Public Library's programs and services. The APL hosts one million visitors and provides more than 3,000 programs annually at its seven neighborhood branches. The Foundation is committed to helping APL maintain this high level of use and programming. The APL Foundation provides critical financial support to enhance education, literacy, career development, cultural enrichment and lifelong learning for all ages at the Albany Public Library.
161 Washington AveAlbany, NY 12210
- 2-4 hours