Development Committee Member -- Parks
Volunteer Park Trust
Hello! We’re looking for a collaborative and creative people located in the Seattle area to serve on our Development Committee.
Development Committee - This is a volunteer position.
Time Commitment - Several hours a month.
Location - Remote in Seattle. Work is done from home - we do not have a physical office.
Volunteer Park Trust is a nonprofit with the mission to preserve and enhance Seattle’s Volunteer Park. We work year-round to keep the gardens looking beautiful, upgrade existing facilities, and produce free community events in this historic, Olmsted-designed park.
The Development Committee in plans and implements fundraising, while also collaborating with other Trust committees to meet the Trust’s annual operational and long-term sustainability goals.
By volunteering with Volunteer Park Trust, you’ll apply your background and expertise to support and protect our historic urban park in one of Seattle’s most prominent neighborhoods. You’ll also have an opportunity to learn new skills in support of your personal and professional development. Join us in preserving Volunteer Park as a historic urban oasis for generations to come!
Desired Skill & Experience
- Keen interest in the work of Volunteer Park Trust
- Willingness to reach out to donors and prospects to solicit gifts
- Must enjoy working in a diverse team environment
- Some experience with nonprofit development, either as a paid employee or as a volunteer, is desired
- Serve on the Development Committee
- Collaborate with the Development Committee members to plan fundraising and meet long-term goals
- Assess outcomes of annual campaigns
- Guide the overall direction of the Volunteer Park Trust by participating on the VPT Steering Committee
How to Apply
- Expect to spend up to several hours per month. Varies throughout the year, with more time commitment during our Fall Campaign (Sept-Nov)
- Attendance at monthly Development Committee meetings on Capitol Hill (currently via Zoom on a weekday evening)
- Misc tasks as assigned
Send a resume and letter/email of interest to: Jeff Rinedahl, Administrative Services Manager: email@example.com, 206-353-9148About Volunteer Park Trust
Centrally located on Seattle’s Capitol Hill, Volunteer Park represents the most complete and well-preserved example of the Olmsted Brothers’ design approach for Seattle city parks. Volunteer Park Trust is a volunteer-led organization that works in partnership with neighbors, Department of Neighborhoods, Seattle Parks and Recreation, Seattle Art Museum, the Volunteer Park Conservatory, and others. We operate as a nonprofit under the 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsorship of Seattle Parks Foundation. We are wrapping up a $3.6 million capital campaign to fund construction of a new Amphitheater for Volunteer Park. Website: volunteerparktrust.org
About Volunteer Park Trust
1247 15th Ave E, Seattle, WA 98112, US
The mission of Volunteer Park Trust is to preserve and enhance the city and national landmark of Seattle's Volunteer Park for today and for generations to come.
Volunteer Park Trust works to preserve and enhance Seattle's Volunteer Park though volunteer events, promoting public engagement, generating funds for necessary maintenance and improvement projects, and strategic planning.