DONATE TO THIS
72 people are interested
Mothers and Babies Home Visitor/Group Facilitator
ORGANIZATION: Mental Health America of Greater Dallas
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
72 people are interested
We appreciate your interest in volunteering with our organization!
To begin the process, please read the opportunity description below. This requires a commitment to a 6-week session. If it matches your volunteer or intern goals, please visit https://www.mhadallas.org/get-involved/volunteer-mha-greater-dallas, click on the Volunteer Application link, then, email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUMMARY: This opportunity is a perfect fit for anyone passionate about maternal mental health, maternal health, social work, counseling, community outreach, or program management. Our Mothers and Babies Program is interactive with lessons and activities proved to promote healthy mood, bonding with one’s baby, and strategies for coping with stress. The Mothers & Babies Program is delivered to pregnant women and new parents individually in one-on-one visits or in a group setting. As our Mothers and Babies Program intern-volunteer, your opportunities range from marketing and promoting the program to community organizations and potential members, to facilitating a 6-week session using the curriculum provided.
As a marketing volunteer, you would help in the creation of marketing content, and identify resources for program participants, as well as potential partners for program delivery.
As a program volunteer, you will provide our program participants with an experience that will provide opportunities for pregnant and new moms to learn multiple skills that will assist them in developing and maintaining positive, healthy relationships and stable environments for their children.
As a Group facilitator, you will commit to a consistent 2-hour-a-week time frame for at least 6 weeks to facilitate a session. More hours are welcomed as these hours can be used to connect with your group members 1 on 1 throughout the week. Facilitators would support in data collection of group attendees and support data analysis for grant opportunities.
Training will be provided.
An ideal candidate should:
- Have reliable transportation and a valid Texas Driver’s License or ID.
- Have prior experience working with pregnant and new moms is encouraged, but not required.
- Have an interest in mental health and helping others. An interest in maternal health is a plus.
- Have strong communication skills.
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office and SharePoint
- Produce high-quality, error-free work.
- Communicate efficiently and professionally.
- Have group facilitation experience [for Group Facilitator]; it is a plus but not required.
- Ability to speak multiple languages is a plus.
To begin the process, please submit your VOLUNTEER APPLICATION to email@example.com.
Visit https://www.mhadallas.org/get-involved/volunteer-mha-greater-dallas.Thank you!
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is regularly required to use hands to fingers, handle, and talk and hear. The incumbent is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required for this position include mobility and flexibility to lift, push, pull or carry objects up to thirty (30) pounds, close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
About Mental Health America of Greater Dallas
624 N GOOD LATIMER STE 200, DALLAS, TX 75204, US
Mental Health America of Greater Dallas champions for the mental well-being of all. Since 1947, Mental Health America of Greater Dallas has helped our community improve mental health through advocacy, community education and resources for children, adolescents and adults.
Mental Health America of Greater Dallas (MHA Dallas) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization working to promote mental wellness through community education and policy advocacy. Put simply, MHA Dallas serves as a catalyst to identify, assess and respond to mental health needs in the community.
MHA Dallas operates through strategic long-range planning along with immediate responses to community crises as they arise. In addition to our efforts to supply information, education and advocacy related to mental health issues, we also provide preventive programs designed to equip high-risk populations (including children, the homeless and the indigent) with information and skills to combat stress and adversity.
Through collaboration with other service providers, MHA Dallas coordinates a powerful local movement that addresses the needs of those without affordable and accessible mental health services in the Dallas area. Read our history of achievements here: https://mhadallas.org/about-us/. Won't you join us?
624 N. Good-Latimer ExpresswaySuite 200Dallas, TX 75204
October 25, 2022
- Child Care
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Varies, depending on tasks. If serving as a facilitator or home visitor (virtually) one hour per week for 6 - 9 weeks.