10 people are interested
Give Back and Get More: Volunteer as a Business Mentor
ORGANIZATION: SCORE Southern Maine
Please visit the new page to apply.
10 people are interested
Over the past 50 years, SCORE’s Maine network of business experts has helped guide entrepreneurs. Every day, our volunteers help Maine small businesses start, grow and achieve new levels of success. These volunteers are our lifeblood and the reason for that success.
SCORE volunteers aren’t just anyone. They’re successful business owners and executives with real-world experience in every sector. Some have worked at Fortune 500 companies. Others have built their own businesses from the ground up. And each one of them knows how good it feels to help others achieve their dreams.
We know your time is valuable and you have a variety of skills to share. That’s why we offer total flexibility when it comes to volunteering. Share your business knowledge as a lead mentor and work with clients.
Take advantage of easy onboarding.
When you’re ready to start, we’ll give you the tools you need. Between our orientation and mentoring certification program, you’ll learn about SCORE’s mission and services, plus get tips on what makes a good volunteer.
There’s no way to quantify how good it feels to help others. Sharing business knowledge you’ve accrued over the years gives you an extra boost of pride and purpose. And you’ll feel even better knowing you helped someone achieve success.
Our team is currently operating virtually, to ensure the safety of our volunteers and community.
- Business experience
- Effective communication skills
- Sincere desire to help someone succeed
- Computer savvy
- Completion of volunteer mentor training
SCORE volunteers enjoy a variety of personal, local and national rewards.
As a SCORE Volunteer, here’s what’s in it for YOU:
- Feel good knowing you helped someone achieve their goals and dreams
- Give back to your community by helping small businesses thrive and driving economic growth
- Become a recognized leader in your local business community
- Make new friends and network with SCORE volunteers and business leaders in your area
- Grow professionally and personally with SCORE's Lifelong Learning training programs
Share your expertise. Reach out to SCORE Maine and apply today
SCORE is a nonprofit resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration that helps aspiring and existing entrepreneurs succeed.
4 More opportunities with SCORE Southern Maine
About SCORE Southern Maine
22 Rear Free Street, Portland, ME 04101, US
SCORE, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentoring. Our mission is to foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and education.
SCORE Portland Maine, conveniently located in downtown Portland, offers free, confidential small business mentorship and workshops. We have helped hundreds of small business owners in Southern Maine start or grow their business.
SCORE is a nonprofit resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). We have over 300 SCORE offices across the country and 10,000 volunteers offering free business mentoring and low- or no-cost workshops.
For over 50 years, SCORE's thousands of working and retired business professionals have volunteered to support the success of small business nationwide. SCORE business mentoring is free and confidential.
- Free, confidential business mentoring in person, via email or by video
- Volunteer mentors who share their expertise across industries
- Free business tools, templates and tips online
- Inexpensive or free business workshops (locally) and webinars (online 24/7)
100 Middle St. 2nd FLPortland, ME 04101
March 15, 2023
- Strategic Planning
- Business Analysis
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours per month.
- Complete your volunteer application at: https://core.score.org/volunteer-registration?