Support Hospice Patients By Caring for Their Pets / Various Locations
2 people are interested
SSM Health at Home Hospice offers St. Louis volunteers the opportunity to participate in the Pet Peace of Mind program. This unique program is designed to help hospice patients care for their pets.
For some patients, their pets may be the only relationship where they feel fully loved and accepted. Volunteers can provide meaningful support to those facing a terminal illness. This program is an important patient service initiative to improve care and well being:
- Provides relationship building opportunities with patients, family and staff
- Eliminates unintentional neglect of the pet
- May reduce financial burden of pet ownership
- Helps patients with unfinished business by planning for placement of their animal(s)
Contact Sharon Christopher, Volunteer Coordinator, SSM Health at Home St. Louis Hospice, at 314.989.2858 or Sharon.Christopher@ssmhealth.com.
About SSM Health at Home St. Louis Hospice
1187 Corporate Lake, Suite 200, Creve Coeur, MO 63132, US
Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Our hospice team understands the special skills needed to care for people with a terminal illness and to provide comfort and guidance to caregivers, family and friends. SSM Health at Home hospice services emphasize preserving dignity and improving quality of life through symptom management -- which includes relief from emotional, spiritual and physical pain.
We'll work with your schedule.
St. LouisSt. Louis, MO 63130
- Animal Care / Handling
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Very flexible; one to four visits per month depending on your schedule.
- TB skin test; influenza vaccine; in-person training