3 people are interested
Volunteer Job Description
Job Title: Administrative Duties
Department: Volunteer Services
Schedule: Varies; dependent upon project involvement. Special event meeting attendance is required.
Reports To: Volunteer Coordinator
Community Engagement Team Member
General Scope: Following the Service Enterprise model, this Volunteer will work with senior SICSA staff members (specifically the Community Engagement team) to assist with the planning and organization of special events, fundraising initiatives, or various other management projects.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- May include serving on committees for our special events, such as the Lift Your Leg, The Cat's Meow, Red Dog Racers, etc.
- Various office projects, such as assisting with fundraising mailers, data entry & clean up, etc.
- Responsible for tracking volunteer hours in Volgistics, or communicating this information directly to the Volunteer Coordinator.
Specific Job Skills:
- Current, active SICSA Adult Volunteer.
- General office & computer experience required.
- Fundraising and Event Planning experience preferred.
- Communicate effectively via email, phone, directly, etc. necessary.
- Attend staff and/or Volunteer meetings as needed.
- Frequent standing, bending, reaching, kneeling, sitting on the floor, walking, and sitting at a computer station required.
- Enthusiastic about team work with a willingness to learn.
- Ability to work well with staff and the public to promote the philosophy and goals of the SICSA Pet Adoption Center.
- Dependability; strong work ethic.
- All volunteers will be trained on a project-by-project basis.
- Preferred commitment varies according to projects & fundraising events.
Preferred Background Education and/or Experience:
- Volunteers are encouraged to continuously expand knowledge & skills by attending courses through Paws & Tails University.
- Current SICSA member in good standing.
How to Apply:
- Following the required education, please contact SICSA Volunteer Coordinator to begin.
About SICSA Pet Adoption Center
2600 Wilmington Pike, Kettering, OH 45419, US
Promoting the welfare and adoption of companion animals, and nurturing loving and lifelong relationships between animals and people.
In 1974, a group of dedicated individuals committed to offering Kettering Ohio, Dayton and the Miami Valley an alternative to the traditional animal welfare system, came together and created the Society for the Improvement of Conditions for Stray Animals (SICSA).
For over 40 years, people in the Miami Valley have supported SICSA in a partnership of caring to build a strong humane animal community.
We'll work with your schedule.
2600 Wilmington PikeDayton, OH 45419
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Are you willing to attend SICSA Volunteer training?Fundraising and Event Planning experience preferred. Communicate effectively via email, phone, directly, etc. necessary.