Volunteer Relations Intern
3 people are interested
Volunteer Job Description
Job Title: Volunteer Relations Intern
Department: Volunteer Services
Schedule: Minimum of 10 hours per week / Flexible schedule, with Sunday and Monday work hours preferred
Reports To: Volunteer Coordinator
Director of Community Engagement
General Scope: Responsible for volunteering with SICSA using the Service Enterprise Organization model to contribute administrative, marketing, and special events support for the Community Engagement Team.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Assist Volunteer Coordinator in maintaining Volgistics volunteer database.
- Provide customer service by screening voicemails for members of the Community Engagement Team.
- Help develop content for the weekly volunteer e-newsletter using MailChimp software.
- Manage volunteer email account and provide customer service and volunteer support as appropriate.
- Process and fill new volunteer t-shirt and apron orders, and then notify volunteers via email when their orders are ready to be picked up.
- Other duties as assigned that may include but are not limited to helping out at SICSA events.
- Responsible for tracking volunteer hours with SICSA’s Volgistics online software, or communicating this information directly to the Volunteer Coordinator.
Specific Job Skills:
- Current, active, 18 years of age or older Adult SICSA volunteer.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required; familiarity with MailChimp software is preferred.
- Independent project and time management skills are necessary, as well as the ability to collaborate and contribute to Community Engagement Team projects.
- Preferred candidates will display the ability to prioritize goals; possess strong verbal and written communication skills; be highly organized; and have great attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with staff, fellow Volunteers, and the public as needed to support SICSA’s mission.
- Enthusiastic about team work
- Willingness to learn.
- Dependable with a strong work ethic.
- Comfortable handling animals with unknown backgrounds as well as consistent exposure to animal allergens under conditions with limited alternatives available.
Preferred Background Education and/or Experience:
- Organizational knowledge acquired through additional volunteer service with SICSA is extremely helpful but not required.
- Candidates should be pursuing an Associate’s degree or higher.
- Volunteers are encouraged to continuously expand knowledge & skills by attending courses through Paws & Tails University.
- Current SICSA member in good standing.
How to Apply:
- Candidates may fill out an employment application for the Volunteer Relations Intern position by visiting SICSA.org and clicking on the employment tab.
About SICSA Pet Adoption Center
2600 Wilmington Pike, Kettering, OH 45419, US
Promoting the welfare and adoption of companion animals, and nurturing loving and lifelong relationships between animals and people.
In 1974, a group of dedicated individuals committed to offering Kettering Ohio, Dayton and the Miami Valley an alternative to the traditional animal welfare system, came together and created the Society for the Improvement of Conditions for Stray Animals (SICSA).
For over 40 years, people in the Miami Valley have supported SICSA in a partnership of caring to build a strong humane animal community.
We'll work with your schedule.
2600 Wilmington PikeDayton, OH 45419
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 10 hours per week / Flexible schedule, with Sunday and Monday work hours preferred.
- Are you willing to attend SICSA Volunteer training? Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required; familiarity with MailChimp software.