Respite Care Volunteer
This volunteer opportunity is located at St Richard's Church and it meets the first-fourth Thursday of each month. One of the most unique features of Our Harmony Club Inc. is that it is entirely volunteer based. With the aid of the Director, volunteers provide everything from companionship, entertainment, and social stimulation for the guests that attend these clubs. There are many ways that these volunteers contribute to the overall success of Our Harmony Club including...
- A volunteer is paired with a guest for the day to converse and assist them
- Sit with them at the tables to assist them with the day’s craft and bring them a breakfast snack
- Assist them to the activity circle and join in the day’s activity
- Bring them the day’s homemade lunch and converse with others during the lunch hour
- Assist the guest back to the circle for the activity and then back again for BINGO
- Help with the end of day procedures
We are always looking for individuals who would want to volunteer with our organization. Whether you can spend the entire day enriching the life of one individual or if you could volunteer an hour and provide entertainment for the whole group, we would love to have you join us. The clubs meet from 9:30AM to 3:30PM and are located throughout Racine County. For more information on how you can get involved, please feel free to contact us, we look forward to hearing from you! Please direct any questions or concerns to: email@example.com
About OUR HARMONY CLUB INC
2401 90TH ST, STURTEVANT, WI 53177, US
We care for and about each other by supporting caregivers and those they are caring for. We are volunteer based and promote and enhance the quality of life for all.
We are a volunteer based social day program for individuals with age related disabilities ranging from Alzheimer's and Parkinson's to social isolation. Held at various locations throughout Racine County, we meet for 6 hours providing six hours of respite care for caregivers and six hours of conversation, active engagement, and enjoyment for our clients and volunteers.
We'll work with your schedule.
1503 Grand AvenueRacine, WI 53403
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Music Therapy
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Club meets from 9:30 until 3:30, 6 hours total