Patient Transporter Huntley Hospital
The Transporter Volunteer understands and reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Transporter Volunteer is responsible for the safe, efficient and timely transport of patients throughout the hospital and assist in transporting other items requested.
Transport patients in a wheelchair, cart or bed
- Transport specimens to the lab
- Responsible for the patient’s chart during transport
- Locate and return missing wheelchairs to the appropriate department throughout shift
- Upon arrival for shift, retrieve all transport requests left on voicemail in the transport office
- Maintain transport log and complete destination information form
- Fill out proper form for Patient Express requests that are to be done at a later time
- Monitor wheelchairs for cleanliness and needed repair
About Northwestern Medicine
4201 Medical Center Drive, Mchenry, IL 60050, US
We are an organization of caregivers who aspire to consistently provide high quality care, cost-effectiveness and patient satisfaction. We seek to improve the health of the communities we serve by delivering a broad range of services with sensitivity to the individual needs of our patients and their families. We are bonded in an essential academic and service relationship with the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. The quality of our services is enhanced through their integration with education and research in an environment that encourages excellence of practice, critical inquiry and learning. Our vision is to be a nationally recognized academic, integrated health system recognized for providing excellent clinical quality and outcomes, and highly skilled physicians and employees.
NM Volunteer Services Vision Statement - To provide meaningful volunteer opportunities for individuals to engage with Northwestern Medicine to enhance the patient experience and improve the health of the communities we serve.
We'll work with your schedule.
10400 Haligus RdHuntley, IL 60142
- Office Reception
- Customer Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Ongoing position; one shift/week, 4 hour shifts available either 8:00-noon or noon- 4:00
- Ability to push patients in wheelchair; Pediatric 10 lbs. through adult up to 400 lbs. Ability to walk and move about for up to 4 hours of time.