Social Media and Marketing Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
Social Media & Marketing Volunteer
1000 Fountains is dedicated to improving public health, and combating climate change and environmental pollution through rapid and comprehensive installation of free public water fountains. It is our goal to install 1000 drinking fountains in San Francisco in the next decade as an alternative to single-use plastic bottles. We see a future where everyone in an urban area can walk out their door and never worry about accessing safe, free, great-tasting water, anywhere, anytime. Also, by building and maintaining a vast network of drinking fountains across cities, we can make single-use plastic water bottles a thing of the past.
Currently the project is in a start-up phase and is seeking a few motivated volunteers to help with social media and outreach to aligned groups in order to increase awareness of the campaign, invite the public to support the project, and pave the way for the next phase of our growth - installation of the fountains throughout the city. We are looking for volunteers who are genuinely excited by the mission of the project and can take on tasks with creative initiative and ownership. These volunteer positions average 5-8 hours a week and will work in collaboration with the Director and consultants as needed.
Duties will include:
Social Media Management:
Required: Create engaging social media content with weekly postings to Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, and Instagram.
Preferred: Develop and implement thoughtful and strategic social media campaigns. Develop a content calendar on weekly and monthly basis to update Director. Monitor analytics and report on successes and pivots based on reporting.
Marketing & Outreach:
Required: Research and pursue appropriate media opportunities including, public events, corporate giving days, speaking opportunities, radio and print contributions and other relevant public education and marketing events.
Preferred: Speak with local news outlets about the project and develop relevant collateral material for outreach.
These positions require self-motivated, outgoing, and organized candidates who can excel at taking on new projects, think outside the box, and be advocates for 1000 Fountains’ mission. These candidates will also need to have their own computer, Internet availability and phone.
- Able to work independently and take initiative and direction.
- Be able to work remote, with San Francisco Bay Area based preferred.
- Experience with social media content development, posting and analytics.
- Experience with social change campaigns.
- Comfort communicating with the public and making cold calls to potential community partners.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume along with a link/s to a sample blog, interview, article, or social media post to firstname.lastname@example.org
1000 Fountains is a project of Earth Island Institute .
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Marketing Analytics
- Social Media / Blogging
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- What we're looking for is someone who can commit 5-8 hours per week, but we're very flexible regarding when the work gets done.
- We are looking for someone who believes in our vision, and wants to be part of making it a reality.