Did you know on any given day 38% of people are eligible to donate blood? Do you know how many actually do? Only 8% of people donate blood
We need help creating a positive experience for those 8% of blood donors.
Would you like to help us keep our vital blood donors continuing to donate their blood by joining our volunteer team of donor ambassadors?
As a donor ambassador at our blood drives and/or donor centers help to provide a warm and friendly greeting, assist with reception and hospitality at blood drives and enhance the blood donor experience. The importance is to provide the blood donors with a positive experience and encourage to donate regularly.
Great opportunity to meet some incredible people...our blood donors and staff. Also an interesting way to be part of local companies and organizations who host blood drives.
· 14 years or older · Training provided · Flexible hours of 3-4 hour shifts to choose from · Available blood drives to choose from are typically during the day Monday - Friday. Weekends and evenings available. · The schedule to choose from is available 8 weeks in advance
What Our Volunteers Are Saying
· "When I needed blood during my cancer treatment, the Red Cross was there for me. I’m so happy to be able to give back by volunteering and thanking blood donors now that I’m recovered." ~Jackie P.
· "I may not have money to give, but I have time." ~Taylor W.
· "I can no longer donate blood, but this is a way I can help with those who do." ~Steve J.
How to get started
· Complete the online application at www.redcross.org/volunteer
· Or for any questions or to schedule a personal volunteer consultation contact: Elyse Urbonas, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist Call or Text: 816.520.2640 or email@example.com
About American Red Cross - Western Missouri Region
211 W. Armour Blvd., Kansas City, MO 64111, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Emergency & Safety
Veterans & Military Families
We'll work with your schedule.
6601 winchester ave.Kansas CityKansas City, MO64133