Blood Donor Ambassador
3 people are interested
Blood Donor Ambassador - Blood Drive Volunteer
Position Description: Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations.
- Welcome and greet donors, escort as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs
through the blood donation process
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately
- Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
- Create a favorable impression of the Red Cross, and the blood donation process, that will encourage continued support
- Make reminder calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
- Be available and committed to the volunteer schedule
- Model excellent customer service behaviors
- Attend to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas
- Punctual and dependable in arriving for assignment(s)
- Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to help convert right type donors to power red donations
- Responsible to inform donors about Red Cross volunteer opportunities and share recruitment materials
- Willingness to support the American Red Cross mission
- Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills
- Extremely comfortable working with people from all walks of life
- Ability to represent the American Red Cross to the community
Benefits: Build my resume, Explore a career, gain leadership experience, get to know the community, give back to others, have fun, learn new skills and meet new people
Elyse Urbonas│Recruitment Specialist
American Red Cross of Missouri and Arkansas
6601 Winchester Ave, Kansas City, MO 64133
C: 816-520-2640│Email: email@example.com
About American Red Cross - Western Missouri Region
211 W. Armour Blvd., Kansas City, MO 64111, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
6601 winchester ave.Kansas CityKansas City, MO 64133
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- one 4-6 hour shift a month. May vary by location.