*INTERNSHIP*: PUBLIC AFFAIRS (with stipend) needed ASAP
4 people are interested
Public Affairs Internship
The Public Affairs intern will support the Director, Brand Experience & Public Affairs. This hands-on position provides the right candidate with the opportunity to develop into a skilled strategic communications professional. The required time commitment for this opportunity is 10- 15 hours per week for college credit and a semi-annual stipend of $500.
- Support creation of press materials such as press releases and briefing documents
- Developing and updating media lists
- Analyzing media coverage
- Assist in the coordination of events such as press conferences, media briefings, partnership meetings, media tours and industry health fairs/shows
- Copy editing website content
- Drafting blog posts
- Assist with photo shoots
- Assisting with other communications-related tasks as assigned
Desired Knowledge & Skills:
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field
- Previous PR/Communications internship experience a plus
- Strong writing and editing skills with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent command of the English language, grammar and AP Style
- Digital and social media savvy
- Energetic self-starter eager to learn and jump in on multiple projects
- Excellent time management skills
- Desire for a career in PR/strategic communications
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
About Spondylitis Association of America
16360 Roscoe Blvd, Ste. 100, VAN NUYS, CA 91406, US
The mission of SAA is to to be a leader in the quest to cure ankylosing spondylitis and related diseases, and to empower those affected to live their lives to the fullest.
Spondyloarthritis (SpA) is a form of spinal arthritis which generally attacks young people in the prime of life and which can cause permanent disability in severe cases. Founded in 1983 by a group of spondylitis patients, SAA is a nonprofit volunteer health organization serving the nearly three million people who suffer from SpA.
We'll work with your schedule.
16360 Roscoe Blvd.Ste. 100Van Nuys, CA 91406
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Please submit a resume, transcript or other document containing detailed information regarding your skill set, work history and/or college degree information.