1 person is interested
Road To Recovery - Volunteer Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: American Cancer Society
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
The Road To Recovery Volunteer Coordinator collaboratively manages and monitors requests for requested transportation services within Service Match. In addition, the Volunteer Coordinator can also assist ACS with ongoing program assessment, as well as overall volunteer and community management as it relates to program. Service Coordination
* Utilizes Computer Program to coordinate transportation requests for their coverage area.
* Works collaboratively with staff and volunteers to ensure accuracy of volunteer records and transportation requests.
* Ensures timely communication to staff partners, volunteer drivers and patients when issues occur.
* Participates in program evaluations as requested.
Volunteer and Community Management
* Assists staff partner as needed with recruitment, screening, and training of volunteers.
* Assists staff partner as needed with retention and recognition activities for drivers.
* Works with staff partner to maintain good relationships with healthcare professionals and other groups in the community.
* Abides by the guidelines and policies of the American Cancer Society and the program including privacy and confidentiality policies.
* Responds to questions from volunteers and provides appropriate information to support their development in a timely manner.
**Please note the Road to Recovery is temporarily suspended due to the impacts of COVID-19. Safety protocol for Volunteer Drivers will be shared when the Road To Recovery program resumes. During this time, we welcome interested volunteers to inquire for more information and to begin onboarding!
About American Cancer Society
PO Box 171335, Kansas City, MO 66117, US
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and service.
The American Cancer Society has a variety of volunteer opportunities available.
1315 SW Arrowhead Rd.Topeka, KS 66604
April 22, 2022
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly time commitment varies by area and need.
- Must be at 18 years or older. • Strong communication and listening skills. • Strong organizational and time management skills. • Successful completion of required trainings and compliance activities. • Regular desktop, laptop, or tablet computer