4 people are interested
Are you a photographer looking to grow your portfolio or perhaps explore the intersection of photographic art and social change? Mary's Pence grantees are engaged in women-led, grassroots, social justice work in their own communities. The organizations we fund are all small, with budgets under $200,000. Yet they collaborate with diverse populations, advocate to change unjust policies, and educate to build skills and increase capacity. They are doing a lot with very little money. We'd like to better represent their work by curating powerful images of them actively engaging their communities.
Partner with KC Mothers in Charge (Kansas City, MO) who provide hope and healing for survivors of homicide. By accompanying them on community outreach activities, you can help them (and us) share the story of how they provide trauma-informed crisis intervention and peer-to-peer comfort, care and support to family members.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About MARYS PENCE
275 4TH ST E STE 642, SAINT PAUL, MN 55101, US
Mary’s Pence invests in women across the Americas by funding community initiatives and fostering collaborations to create social change.
Solidarity with women on the margins
We believe that women and others who are marginalized have the wisdom to create effective change within their communities, yet are underrepresented in decision-making roles and underfunded by the philanthropic community. Therefore:
- We provide responsive and flexible funding and capacity building for women-led organizations that would typically be overlooked by larger mainstream funders. We do not shy away from the complexity of meeting women where they are.
- We advocate for women’s full equality and participation in all aspects of society by partnering to lift women’s voices and expand their opportunities.
- We provide a platform for individuals to support grassroots organizations created by and for women and other marginalized people.
We believe that current structures and norms in society create injustice. In order to achieve justice, we must work toward promoting the common good and affecting systemic change.Inclusivity and collaboration
We believe that the best organizational models are those that share influence, leadership, and power. Everyone has a piece of the truth.Transparency and trust
We believe that open communication and trusting relationships are necessary for truly collaborative decision-making processes. And we believe that donors should know how their money is used.
We'll work with your schedule.
3200 Wayne Ave #124Kansas City, MO 64109
- People 55+
- The photographer would cover one event with potential opportunities in the future.
- Photographer must provide their own equipment and transportation.