Communications Committee Member
19 people are interested
Seeking enthusiastic volunteers with a desire to improve the status of women in Arizona to assist the Arizona Foundation for Women’s (AFW) Communications Committee with it various communications and community engagement efforts around the safety, health and economic empower empowerment of women.
The ideal volunteer will:
- Attend a Communications Committee meeting once a month in-person or by phone.
- Attend at least one AFW-hosted event, such as SHE TALKS.
- Commit to 2-3 hours a week assisting the committee achieve its communications and marketing goals.
Some of the duties assigned may include:
- Creating regular posts for the organization’s social media channels
- Creating visual content (graphics, short videos) for the organization’s social media channels, website, or collateral using web-based graphic design tools.
- Assisting with the coordination of a new networking program for young professionals.
The AFW Communications Committee is made up of professional women and men with varied experiences in public relations, publishing, marketing, business, journalism, community outreach and communications. This is a fun group whose goal is to increase awareness about AFW’s mission and generate revenue from hosted events to continue to provide grants to statewide programs and services that benefit Arizona's women.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Arizona Foundation for Women
2201 E Camelback Road Suite, Suite 405B, Phoenix, AZ 85016, US
Advancing the status of Arizona’s women through research, advocacy and philanthropy to ensure their safety, health and economic independence.
For over 20 years, Arizona Foundation for Women (AFW) has been a voice for women's issues including domestic violence, sex trafficking, housing, healthcare and equal pay. Over its lifetime, AFW has helped thousands of women break the cycle of poverty, eliminate abuse in their lives and gain economic self-sufficiency.
AFW addresses issues of Safety, Health and Economic Empowerment -- or as we say, SHE Counts!(r) AFW has contributed more than $2 million to the community since its inception.
Through a holistic strategy of grants, research and advocacy, we leverage our brand, reputation, relationships and collaborative spirit to have a positive impact on the lives of women in Arizona.
Every three to four years AFW presents a detailed research report on the Status of Women in Arizona. Providing great data and a quality, reputable report seeks to drive positive and effective change and create a better life for Arizona's women.
AFW invests in innovative programs and 100% of our grant making to locatl nonprofits support women's causes.
2201 E Camelback RoadSuite 403Phoenix, AZ 85016
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Social Media / Blogging
- Orientation or Training
- Attend a Communications Committee meeting once a month in-person or by phone - 1 hour. Plus various commitments per requested.
- Interest in Arizona's Women's Issues.