Visitors Center Travel Counselor
2 people are interested
We are seeking volunteers for the Lawrence Visitors Center. Duties include:
- Greet all visitors and make them feel welcomed to Lawrence, answer any questions and provide recommendations
- Track walk-in and bathroom traffic as trained
- Answer phones and keep records of each call and/or request for information
- Ask all visitors to sign the guest book , assist guests with any difficulties in signing at the kiosk
- Maintain working knowledge of local activities, Lawrence history, walking and driving tours, and where to find information a visitor may request
- Assisting staff with preparing visitor mailings. May include stuffing of envelopes with brochures, bundling and sorting
- Assist at pop-up information stations for scheduled events - may include transporting materials, setting up tables or tents, and returning materials to the Visitors Center after the event
- Participate in extended hours events (such as Final Fridays) as scheduled and act as a greeter during the events
- Attend informational meetings regarding Final Fridays exhibits at the Visitors Center or other Lawrence events as requested by staff
- Assist staff with other duties as requested
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, and share Lawrence information
- Enthusiasm for Lawrence
- Telephone and record keeping skills
- Basic computer skills, including Outlook, Microsoft Office
- Ability to use an iPad and to learn to use Square POS
One 3 hour shift per week. Volunteers must make a commitment of at least 12 weeks, with a preference for a 16 week commitment from students.
New volunteers are required to attend the next available session of the Tourism Ambassador Program (held quarterly) after beginning to volunteer, typically a 4 hour commitment.
May be requested for additional activities at request of Visitor Center staff.
This position is supervised by the Visitors Center staff daily
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Explore Lawrence
812 Massachusett St., Lawrence, KS 66044, US
Explore Lawrence develops and coordinates resources to create an exceptional visitor experience for both leisure and business travelers, resulting in increased overnight stays, direct visitor spending and repeat visits.
Explore Lawrence, the convention and visitors bureau of Lawrence, Kansas, is here to share the experience of this unmistakable town and to invite visitors to come see for themselves.
We assist leisure travelers, meetings and events planners, sports events planners, groups, the media and Lawrencians, too.
We'll work with your schedule.
812 Massachusetts St.Lawrence, KS 66044
- Office Reception
- Customer Service
- Retail / Sales
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- 3 hours once a week