1 person is interested
Become a Rural Outreach Specialist for the Alzheimer's Association!
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association Oregon & SW Washington Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Do you enjoy working with the community? Join Alzheimer’s Association as an Outreach Specialist! Alzheimer’s Association regularly attends community events and health fairs to help provide the public with accurate information about the disease and the services provided by the Association. Ideal candidates are outgoing, friendly, and comfortable speaking with all members of the general public.
- Be knowledgeable (or willing to learn) about Alzheimer’s disease and its impact on families and individuals
- Able to setup and dismantle information booths when necessary and in accordance with site guidelines
- Comfort speaking with the general public and engaging in conversation regarding Alzheimer’s Association
- Ability to travel independently to outreach sites throughout the community
- May require lifting of materials 25 lbs
- Act as a representative of Alzheimer’s Association at all times
- Attend basic and ongoing training with Association staff to remain informed of current services and enhance skills
-Fill out an application on volunteer.alz.org/
About Alzheimer's Association Oregon & SW Washington Chapter
5285 Meadows Rd, #451, Lake Oswego, OR 97035, US
To eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
The Alzheimer’s Association Oregon & SW Washington Chapter is part of the Alzheimer’s Association, the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. From its offices in Portland, Bend and Medford, the Oregon Chapter provides education and support for people diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, as well as their families and caregivers. In addition, it offers local support groups, early-stage engagement programs, community education classes and a 24/7 Helpline (800-272-3900).
Multiple locations Hood River, OR 97031
December 21, 2023
- Case Work / Management
- Life Coaching
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours once a month for one year
- Go to volunteer.alz.org/ Click on Learn about Volunteering, and then Get Started.