Become a Disaster Team Member. Help your community in a time of a disaster.
2 people are interested
Disaster Action Teams provide 24-hour emergency response to local disasters, particularly house fires, ensuring that those affected have access to resources for basic necessities such as food, shelter and clothing.
This position is responsible for the tasks involved in the Disaster Action Team program including:
1. Supporting the annual goals, RDO objectives, and regional/chapter plan for DAT services through participation in meetings, projects, and local response activities.
2. Completes all required training and maintains current training standard as DAT program requirements change.
3. Attends regular team meetings and training as required by the region/territory.
4. Completes assigned projects and local response activities according to the needs of the DAT program. (Preparing vehicles, response materials, administrative support of the DAT program and other tasks assigned by the DAT Leader.
Please go to redcross.org/volunteer to sign up!
LOCATIONS FOR VOLUNTEERING VARY.
About American Red Cross
250 Jari Drive, Johnstown, PA 15904, US
Mission Statement The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Volunteers carry out 90% of the humanitarian work of the Red Cross.
Whether helping one displaced family or thousands, providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran, or teaching others how to respond in emergencies, it’s through the efforts of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
415 Orchard PlazaAltoona, PA 16601
- Disaster Cleanup
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Search & Rescue
- Disaster Response
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- When you have the availability