Volunteer Coordination Intern
3 people are interested
Position: Volunteer Coordination Intern
Description: The Volunteer Coordination Intern must demonstrate motivation, compassion, and a strong commitment to empowering Partner Families and volunteers. This individual will engage with Red Hats (leadership construction volunteers) and the general volunteer population to promote continued partnerships. This position will work 15 - 20 hours per week. Attire is business casual; days that they accompany the Volunteer Manager to a construction site will require closed-toe shoes. This an unpaid Intern position.
- Engaging and working with Volunteers at ReStores locations as needed.
- Filing volunteer documents, waivers, forms, and paperwork
- Requesting and recording Volunteer Hours for 2 ReStores & All Construction sites
- Helping prepare for Volunteer training dates
- Visiting ReStores and Construction sites to check on volunteers and take pictures, if needed.
- Responding to general requests from our firstname.lastname@example.org email account and our Google doc group request form about volunteer information
- Learning GivEffect and assisting volunteers with using the site
- Confirming volunteers and managing GivEffect scheduling and assignment tools.
- Pursuing or received a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Human Resources or Nonprofit Management preferred.
- Must be comfortable being online and using basic technology, typing skills required.
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrated conflict management skills
- Self-motivated, good organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask, and a team player
- Previous internship or related experience working in customer service or administration is preferred but not required
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Habitat for Humanity and the families we serve
To apply for this position please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
About Habitat for Humanity South Hampton Roads
900 Tidewater Drive, Norfolk, VA 23504, US
Habitat for Humanity SHR's mission is to build affordable homes to strengthen families and communities in South Hampton Roads. We are dedicated to building and preserving our communities and envision a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Habitat for Humanity South Hampton Roads utilizes the power of volunteers to build affordable homes in our community and provide support in our ReStores. We serve all seven geographical entities that comprise South Hampton Roads: Chesapeake, Isle of Wight, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Smithfield, Suffolk, and Virginia Beach. Together with the help of volunteers, we have built over 200 homes throughout the area.
We'll work with your schedule.
900 Tidewater DriveNorfolk, VA 23504
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum four month commitment
- Must be available Tuesday and Thursday during training period, then could work with your schedule. Occasionally would be needed to come to build site, if available to assist with Team Builds