Events & Community Outreach Manager
STILLBORN AND INFANT LOSS SUPPORT
Stillborn And Infant Loss Support (SAILS) Inc. is a non-profit organization serving Maryland residents. Each year about 25,000 babies are stillborn in the United States. Our mission is to provide survivors of stillbirth and infant loss with support, while raising awareness. We are looking for an outgoing individual with fresh, creative ideas and an excellent eye for detail. Someone with strong organization and planning skills. This is a remote position, with occasional in person meetings.
- Email and correspond with community organizations regarding event details
- Order and track printed marketing materials
- Prepare materials for events and presentations
- Plan event aspects, such as venue, seating, vendors, speakers and guest list.
- Ensure events are delivered on time, within budget and at the desired level of quality
- Communicate with marketing team to create effective advertisements for each event.
- Manage and oversee events on the day of, including problem-solve, welcome guests, direct event set-up, communicate with volunteers, and organize vendors, and manage take-down.
- Well organized with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Energetic, self-directed, adaptable and motivated.
- Ability to be flexible with work hours that include working evenings and weekends as required.
- Strong project management, customer service and relationship building skills.
- Exceptionally detail-oriented and organized, ensuring quality and consistent output.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint.)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: send your resume and a cover letter to Sadija A. Smiley, Founder at: firstname.lastname@example.org, with EVENTS & COMMUNITY OUTREACH MANAGER as the subject. Please indicate in your cover letter why this position suits your skills, interests and experience.
As an equal opportunity employer, SAILS believes that equal opportunity for all employees is important for the continuing success of our organization. In accordance with state and federal law, SAILS' employment decisions and practices will not be influenced or affected by race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital status, veteran status, disability, age or any other characteristic protected by law .
About STILLBORN AND INFANT LOSS SUPPORT
5557 Baltimore Ave, Ste. 550-951, Hyattsville, MD 20781, US
Our mission to raise awareness and provide support to survivors of stillbirths, pregnancy and infant loss.
There is nothing more devastating than waiting and expecting for months to meet your baby, only to have your hopes and dreams shattered when you find out your child has died.
Every year in the United States 26,000 babies are stillborn-they die sometimes after the 20th week of pregnancy, Many of these babies were perfectly healthy, and the pregnancies were seemingly uncomplicated. In two-thirds of all cases, the cause of death is never found.
Stillborn and Infant Loss Support (SAILS) is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to raising awareness and providing grieving families with resources and support.