Become a mentor to a youth in foster care today!
5 people are interested
BEST Kids Mentoring Program provides one-on-one mentoring for youth ages 6-21 in DC foster care. BEST Kids is seeking adult volunteers to become mentors and impact the lives of youth!
We are in need of consistent, caring adults that will be fun, energetic, trusting, and committed mentors. BEST Kids is guided by the belief that all children are talented. Through our one-on-one volunteering mentoring, extensive training, staff support, and experiential learning-based Peer Groups, we encourage our youth to discover and develop their unique skills and abilities.
We currently have a high need of mentors in Prince George's County, Maryland. Although our youth are in DC foster care, many of them reside in PG County. Apply today to help a young person become their best selves!
- You must be 21 years old or older
- Reside in the DC area long enough to fulfill a one-year commitment
- Have access to a reliable vehicle (own vehicle or subscription to car service like Zipcar)
- Provide a clean driving and criminal background record
To apply, visit www.bestkids.org/become-a-mentor or email Recruitment and Communications Specialist Nia Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
1212 4th St. SESuite 201Washington, DC 20003
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Each mentor is asked to commit to a minimum of one year with a youth. That year breaks down to 10 hours a month.
- Each mentor must have access to a reliable form of transportation.