Cinco Ranch! Our veterans and their families need you!!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
Resolutions Hospice has joined We Honor Veterans, a program of National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and the Department of Veterans Affairs, to empower hospice professionals and volunteers to meet the unique needs of terminally ill veterans. The goal of our Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer Program is to pair Veteran volunteers with hospice patients who have been identified as Veterans. Once paired with hospice patients who also have military experience, Veteran Volunteers have the unique ability to relate and connect with each patient creating an environment where life review and a positive connection may occur. What is the importance of Veteran Volunteers?
- Volunteers are essential to the delivery of quality hospice care
- Veterans are part of a distinct culture with their own common language and experiences
- When Veterans interact, their common language and experiences can form a strong relational bond
- The camaraderie created between Veterans has proven to be supportive for all involved
- What activities can Veteran Volunteers do?
- Assist Veterans in reminiscing / telling life stories
- Take part in pinning ceremonies or distribute certificates to honor Veteran’s service
- Provide companionship and support to those without a supportive system
- We will provide an orientation to teach you everything you need to know and will place you with a patient close to your location. Please call our office at 832-963-5367 and ask for Stephanie Puariea, our Volunteer Coordinator. Also include your phone number so we can contact you.
About Resolutions Hospice Houston
12600 N Featherwood Dr #108, Houston, TX 77034, US
The Resolutions Hospice Mission: Embracing excellence in all we do. We resolve to be the provider of choice for our patients, families, employees, investors and for our community. To support our mission, Resolutions Hospice is committed to the following principles which we believe embody the spirit of hospice care: Hospice care neither prolongs life nor hastens death. Hospice focuses on quality of life. Hospice deals with physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of care Hospice affirms life and regards dying as a normal process Hospice promotes honest communication.
Hospice is a higly specialized care model for patients who have a life limiting illness and no longer want aggressive curative treatment.
The Resolutions Hospice team provides support for patients and families with:
- Nursing Care
- Social Workers
- Home Health Aides
Resolutions Hospice provides care to patients and their families throughout Houston and the surrounding areas. Our goal is to match our volunteers with patients who are located close to them.
We'll work with your schedule.
2620 Commercial Center BlvdKaty, TX 77494
- Case Work / Management
- Hospice Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Veteran Care
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- We are flexible!!