Instructional Content Writer
CENTER FOR FREE FAIR AND ACCOUNTABLE DEMOCRACY INC
Interested in putting your writing & teaching skills to good use?
Join Us at the Center for Free, Fair, and Accountable Democracy!
CFFAD is seeking talented instructional writers to fill an unpaid volunteer position. You would play a central role in creating compelling educational materials in a variety of formats including textbooks, webinars, videos, podcasts, blogs, workshops, and public presentations. This position requires a high level of creativity, some research, and a willingness to collaborate with other volunteers.Responsibilities
- Work closely with the President, Directors, members of our Review Board, and other volunteers to write and create educational materials in a variety of formats including textbooks, webinars, videos, podcasts, blogs, workshops, and public presentations;
- As needed, work with client organizations to tailor existing or new materials to their needs, while ensuring all content are also consistent with CFFAD messages;
- Work with the Review Board to ensure our output is non-partisan, accurate, and compelling;
- Coordinate closely with our media and marketing volunteers on the format and dissemination of the materials;
- Edit content produced by other members of the team; and,
- Coordinate and collaborate with other volunteers to create innovative content ideas for marketing, recruitment, and fund-raising.
"My experience interning with CFFAD couldn’t have been better. I felt like my ideas were making a difference in the direction of the Center, and that gave me a real stake in the organization and its mission. Moreover, I learned new skills while feeling like I was doing something for the greater good." - 2018 Volunteer
- Prior experience in creating educational materials and workshops, preferably for adults;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Good research skills; and
- A strong writing portfolio
- A bachelor’s degree or better and relevant work experience.
- Prior experience in writing, marketing, or delivering materials for civic education.
- Prior experience in civic education, knowledge of US history, constitutional law, political science, or US government.
Requirements & Commitment
- Experience using WORD and other writing software; and
- Experience creating content with eLearning platforms.
- Willingness and ability to prioritize the mission of CFFAD;
- Strong commitment to non-partisan behavior while assisting or representing CFFAD;
- Willingness to work with and rely upon other volunteers from diverse backgrounds;
- Detail-oriented and committed to meeting deadlines; and
- Willingness to volunteer remotely 5-15 hours per week via email and other forms of electronic communication.
About CENTER FOR FREE FAIR AND ACCOUNTABLE DEMOCRACY INC
2500 N FLORIDA ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22207, US
We are all about civic education for ages 18 and up. We help people understand (1) what it takes for a democracy to work well, and (2) how to live it, protect it, and improve it.
Our primary mission is to provide civic education to adults ages 18 and up. To that end, we have already published many short courses that hundreds of people have already accessed. A specially tailored version of one of our course appears on the Ballotpedia website. We will continue building our audience and expanding our materials.