DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: CENTER FOR FREE FAIR AND ACCOUNTABLE DEMOCRACY INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
- org is all about providing civic education for adults who are hungry for knowledge about the value of democracy in our Republic and how it works.
- If accepted, you would join a small team of other top-drawer volunteers focused on educational content, marketing, and fund raising.
- With your SEO and UX skills, you can help us sharply increase our outreach and effectiveness.
- Use SEO, UX, and social media marketing skills to help produce and market CFFAD products and services;
- Devise baseline and metrics to show monthly progress towards larger audience sizes, returning audience shares, scroll-depth, conversions, and other indicators.
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-5 hours per week, as your schedule allows.
- Volunteer duration is open-ended. We would appreciate a minimum commitment of at least 1 semester for students.
- Team planning meetings every other week.
- Virtual via Skype, Zoom, email, and other forms of electronic communication.
- Willingness and ability to prioritize the mission of CFFAD;
- Strong commitment to non-partisan behavior while assisting or representing CFFAD;
- Willingness to work with and rely upon other volunteers from diverse backgrounds;
- Willingness to attend any initial orientation or training.
"My experience interning with CFFAD couldn’t have been better. I felt like my ideas were making a difference in the direction of the Center, and that gave me a real stake in the organization and its mission. Moreover, I learned new skills while feeling like I was doing something for the greater good." - G.L. 2018 & 2019
- At least one year of relevant experience with SEO for another organization, with verifiable evidence of positive impact.
- Problem-solving and creative thinking;
- Self-starter, works responsively with minimal supervision;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Familiarity with any of the following: WordPress and WordPress Plugins, Elementor, MailChimp, MonsterInsights, Google Analytics, Google Console, Google Ads Grant, Zoom, Facebook Ads and FB Live, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube.
- B.A. or better in Communications, Information Systems, Marketing, Social Media, Web Design or similar field;
- Familiarity with copyright laws as well as IRS and state regulations on content;
- Familiarity with pushing press releases to relevant media;
- Ability to create and deploy effective memes; and
- Prior experience in writing, marketing, or delivering materials for civic education.
About CENTER FOR FREE FAIR AND ACCOUNTABLE DEMOCRACY INC
2500 N FLORIDA ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22207, US
America’s republican democracy and its liberal promises of freedom and equality are at risk: . Too many American adults neither understand nor trust how our system of government works. Instead of insisting on a free and fair competition of ideas, too many look the other way when their politicians bend or break the rules to win. In response, we help American adults understand and explain why democracy is precious and how, together, we can protect and improve the foundations of trust in our republic. We do so by providing materials for civic education, ages 18 and up.
Our team includes a small staff, a policy board, an advisory board, and a review board to ensure high quality products. All are unpaid volunteers. We are drawn from conservative, progressive and independent thinkers. Our ages range from low 20s through the 80s. Most of our board members have deep experience in teaching or promoting democracy around the world, and some have been actively involved in politics at the local, state, and national levels.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 4, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Website Programming
- Website Project Management
- Web Design
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 -5 hours per week, depending upon your schedule.
- Must be U.S. citizen.