Volunteers needed to help enrich the lives of youth and older adults in Gwinnett County
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
33 people are interested
Volunteers are a crucial element to fulfilling the mission of Mending the Gap, Inc. Mending the Gap operates solely on volunteers to help provide support and services to our older adults.
Mending the Gap Inc. provides basic needs support services to help improve the lives of vulnerable senior citizens, while connecting youth and older adults that will create healthy and fulfilling relationships.
We are actively seeking compassionate, caring, and dedicated volunteers to assist in the areas of:
- Monthly packing of food and personal care items to be delivered to older adults
- Deliver food, supplies and a warm greeting to seniors monthly
- Make weekly phone calls or social visit to seniors within our community (Minimum age 21)
- Participate and engage in weekly intergenerational activities between youth and seniors
- Facilitate and help coordinate activities for seniors and youth- activities such as arts, singing, dance, gardening, letter writing, board games, etc
Other Volunteer Opportunities:
- Event planning/coordination
- Administrative tasks
- Host Food/Supplies Drive
- Grant research and grant proposal development
- Marketing/Public Relations
- Board and Committee Members
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Mending The Gap Inc
52 Gwinnett Drive, Suite D, Lawrenceville, GA 30046, US
Our Mission Statement is to Inspire youth and enrich the lives of older adults through collaboration, support and intergenerational programs. Since 2010, Mending The Gap has been transforming the aging experience through our innovative approach to providing basic needs assistance while bridging the generational gap. Our intergenerational initiative, not only help increase youth's aging awareness and develop a sense of caring and respect for the elderly, but also offer older people chances to share their childhood life experiences. Please visit our website at www.mending-the-gap.org for more information on various programs and volunteer opportunities.
Mending The Gap is a 501(c3) nonprofit organization that provides an opportunity for young people and senior citizens to come together to share talents, resources, and support. Mending the Gap Inc. provides basic needs support services to help improve the lives ofvulnerable senior citizens, while connecting youth and older adults that will create healthy and fulfilling relationships.
The Bridge Program:assigns groups of teens and adult volunteers to interact and engage in various activities with seniors, living independently and also in assisted living facilities.
S.O.S. (Save Our Seniors): Seeks to meet the growing needs of our seniors in Gwinnett County by providing toiletries/personal care items, cleaning supplies and food each month.
Connect2Connect: Free computer training for seniors
Be A Friend: Once or twice per week a compassionate group of senior volunteers reaches out with a friendly call or visit to seniors who live alone, and to offer a word of encouragement, have a quick chat or form a meaningful relationship.
We'll work with your schedule.
52 Gwinnett DriveSuite DLawrenceville, GA 30046
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 12
- Orientation or Training
- We will work with your schedule
- Courteous, Committed, Dependable and Compassionate Understand the dynamics of the differing populations of Pre-Teen to Teen) Works well both independently and within groups Flexible and Energetic