Volunteers needed to help enrich the lives of youth and older adults in Gwinnett County
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
17 people are interested
Volunteers are a crucial element to fulfilling the mission of Mending the Gap, Inc. Mending the Gap operates solely on volunteers to help provide support and services to our older adults.
Mending the Gap Inc. provides basic needs support services to help improve the lives of vulnerable senior citizens, while connecting youth and older adults that will create healthy and fulfilling relationships.
We are actively seeking compassionate, caring, and dedicated volunteers to assist in the areas of:
- Monthly packing of food and personal care items to be delivered to older adults
- Deliver food, supplies and a warm greeting to seniors monthly
- Make weekly phone calls or social visit to seniors within our community (Minimum age 21)
- Participate and engage in weekly intergenerational activities between youth and seniors
- Facilitate and help coordinate activities for seniors and youth- activities such as arts, singing, dance, gardening, letter writing, board games, etc
Other Volunteer Opportunities:
- Event planning/coordination
- Administrative tasks
- Host Food/Supplies Drive
- Grant research and grant proposal development
- Marketing/Public Relations
- Board and Committee Members
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
52 Gwinnett DriveSuite DLawrenceville, GA 30046
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 12
- Orientation or Training
- We will work with your schedule
- Courteous, Committed, Dependable and Compassionate Understand the dynamics of the differing populations of Pre-Teen to Teen) Works well both independently and within groups Flexible and Energetic