Executive Assistant for Veteran Organzation
Executive Assistant to the Executive Director
Veterans Without Orders is looking for an experienced problem-solver to join our 100% all volunteer team as the Executive Assistant. This position is remote but must live in the Kansas City area and reports directly to the Executive Director. The service commitment preferred is no less than 2 years
The Executive Assistant (EA) will provide administrative support to the board and ED by conducting research, preparing reports, handling information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings.
To do this role properly the candidate should have a detailed understanding of the full Microsoft Office suite, be extremely fast at solving problems and have experience as an executive or administration assistant in the past.
Candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, a professional and resourceful demeanor, the ability to work both independently and as a team player, and a desire to take initiative and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Proven experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience.
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite.
- High school diploma required; associate’s degree preferred
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- A self starter
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Professional level verbal and written communications skills.
- Preparing memos, letters, and other documents.
- Handling basic bookkeeping tasks.
- Filing and retrieving corporate records, documents, and reports.
- Helping prepare for meetings.
- Accurately recording minutes from meetings.
- Using various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software.
- Reading and analyzing incoming memos, submissions, and distributing them as needed.
- Experience as a virtual assistant.
- Opening, sorting and distributing incoming emails, and other correspondence.
- Provide general administrative support.
About VETERANS WITHOUT ORDERS CORP
1314 N OLIVER, WICHITA, KS 67208, US
To leverage a worldwide network of skilled military veterans to solve global issues - starting with the world water crisis
A community of military veterans combating the world water crisis
Veterans Without Orders is an veteran-led, non-profit, clean water organization that assists populations without clean water and other essential services. Our goal is to continue serving humanity by utilizing skills obtained while in uniform to conduct sustainable humanitarian projects worldwide.
Many founding members of VWO served within the Civil Affairs Corps and developed broad expertise in assessing needs, developing solutions, and working with local partners to implement those solutions. Our model is based in-part on the U.S. Army Civil Affairs Team concept, which specializes in identifying critical requirements needed by local citizens in combat or crisis situations.
We'll work with your schedule.
10620 Parallel PkwyKansas City, KS, KS 66109
- 5 hours a month
- Learn more about our organization here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9mfljB_1-k or www.veteranswithoutorders.org