Service to the Armed Forces (SAF): Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) Volunteer - Lansing
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Provide Get To Know Us (GTKU) preparedness briefings to recruits and their families while they are processing at Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) in Lansing. And/or provide GTKU preparedness briefings to service members and their families at pre-deployment and during deployment events.
- Liaise with the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) staff to determine the best means for the Red Cross to connect with the recruits and families.
- Provide Red Cross preparedness information to the recruits and their families.
- Engage with the recruits to fill out family ID cards and ensure cards are processed.
- Provide additional support, as appropriate.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
- Enjoy working directly with others
- Able to work with diverse populations
- Recommended knowledge and experience with the military
- Orientation to the American Red Cross
- Introduction to SAF
- Military 101
- Introduction to SAF Casework
09:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Monday and Tuesday mornings from roughly 9:00 am – 10:30 am
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About American Red Cross: Michigan Region
1800 E. Grand River Avenue, Lansing, MI 48912, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
This opportunity has 1 shift
120 E Jolly RdLansing, MI 48910
- People 55+
- Must commit to a 1 year term, renewable. Monday and Tuesday mornings from roughly 9:00 am – 10:30 am.