4 people are interested
Foster Assistant - The shift responsibility would be two days a week, assisting with the foster program in what needs to be done. Example of duties: Filling dog and cat food bags, filling bottle baby formula bags. Getting litter bags and canned food for potential fosters. Report to Foster Coordinator & Associate.
Other duties as such assigned
We are looking to fill the position 6 days a week with one person each day,
We can work with your schedule.
Must be 18 years old.
Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator for more information, 661-868-7130
About Kern County Animal Services
3951 Fruitvale Ave, Bakersfield, CA 93308, US
COUNTY OF KERN
ANIMAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT
The Vision of Kern County Animal Services is that all
County citizens are safe from the threat of dangerous & unhealthy animals and that all animals
receive humane treatment in a caring environment.
The Mission of Kern County Animal Services is to:
· Protect and care for the citizens and animals of Kern County;
· Promote humane, safe and sane treatment of animals through public education,
awareness and enforcement of animals
· Provide humane care to the animals in our facilities; and
· Encourage the adoption of the community’s homeless animals and endeavor to reunite lost animals with their owners.
We are the County of Kerns animal shelter and we rely on the volunteers to help assist the staff in making the lives better for the animals in our care.
We'll work with your schedule.
3951 Fruitvale AveBakersfield, CA 93308
- Program Management
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 - four hour shift
- Will be trained in animal handling and socialization.