Special Events Coordinator
9 people are interested
Volunteer Special Events Coordinator (Jingle & Mingle)
VOICES Mission: Voices for CASA Children (VOICES) is dedicated to bringing a voice to every abused and neglected child in state dependency and supports expansion of the Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Program in Arizona. VOICES believes in a future where Arizona’s children are in permanent, safe, and loving homes where families are thriving.
VOICES Volunteer Vision: VOICES engages a community of empowered volunteers who share in pursuing our mission through capacity building, innovation, and collaboration.
Reports to: CASA Training & Retention Specialist
Summary: Special Events Coordinator provide support in preparation of and during annual appreciation event, Jingle & Mingle, for CASA volunteers. This individual ensures that preparation for event and day-of event goes smoothly and that attendees and that attendees feel welcomed and appreciated at annual event.
- Coordinate event details with the Jingle & Mingle Committee and assist with day-of details
- Play an essential project management role in regard to contracts, volunteers, communication timelines, set up and breakdown of event
- Be available to work with the Jingle & Mingle Committee/Training & Retention Manager for weekly phone calls
- Be available to coordinate on event day (December 14, 2019)
- Must be detail-oriented and well-organized
- Must possess skills in project management and planning events
- Must present a professional and friendly demeanor
- Must be dependable
Training and Supervision:
- Attends general Volunteer Orientation
- Attend job specific training with Training & Retention Manager (orientation to Jingle & Mingle)
Time Commitment: This position must be willing to commit to at least 5 months of service. This is anticipated to be a 5-8 hour per month time commitment with phone calls during the workday.
- Experience in managing events and volunteers
- Experience working as part of a nonprofit team
- Opportunities to learn from child welfare experts
- Knowledge that your work is helping build a greater network of support around the thousands of children in the Maricopa foster care system
About Voices for CASA Children
4300 N. Miller Road, Suite 116, Scottsdale, AZ 85251, US
Voices for CASA Children is dedicated to bringing a voice to every abused and neglected child in state dependency and supports expansion of the CASA of Maricopa County program
The Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) is:
a specially trained citizen-volunteer that advocates for the best interest of abused and neglected children in the courtroom and within the community.
They are appointed by the juvenile court judge and work alongside case managers, providers and the foster care system.
Advocates are empowered by the court and make critical recommendations to the judge.
The CASA will remain with the child until they are placed in a safe, permanent and loving home.
Voices for CASA Children (Voices) is a 501(c)(3) dedicated to supporting advocacy for abused and neglected children in Maricopa County. Voices raises funds and provides resources to enable CASA of Maricopa County to recruit, train and support a larger volunteer force of Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASAs) who bring a consistent presence and a voice to these children.
4300 N. Miller Rd.Suite 116Scottsdale, AZ 85251
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 8-10 hours per month
- Be able to work remotely as part of a virtual team and also to meet in person at office in Scottsdale.