Special Events Coordinator
3 people are interested
Volunteer Special Events Coordinator (Jingle & Mingle)
VOICES Mission: Voices for CASA Children (VOICES) is dedicated to bringing a voice to every abused and neglected child in state dependency and supports expansion of the Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Program in Arizona. VOICES believes in a future where Arizona’s children are in permanent, safe, and loving homes where families are thriving.
VOICES Volunteer Vision: VOICES engages a community of empowered volunteers who share in pursuing our mission through capacity building, innovation, and collaboration.
Reports to: CASA Training & Retention Specialist
Summary: Special Events Coordinator provide support in preparation of and during annual appreciation event, Jingle & Mingle, for CASA volunteers. This individual ensures that preparation for event and day-of event goes smoothly and that attendees and that attendees feel welcomed and appreciated at annual event.
- Coordinate event details with the Jingle & Mingle Committee and assist with day-of details
- Play an essential project management role in regard to contracts, volunteers, communication timelines, set up and breakdown of event
- Be available to work with the Jingle & Mingle Committee/Training & Retention Manager for weekly phone calls
- Be available to coordinate on event day (December 14, 2019)
- Must be detail-oriented and well-organized
- Must possess skills in project management and planning events
- Must present a professional and friendly demeanor
- Must be dependable
Training and Supervision:
- Attends general Volunteer Orientation
- Attend job specific training with Training & Retention Manager (orientation to Jingle & Mingle)
Time Commitment: This position must be willing to commit to at least 5 months of service. This is anticipated to be a 5-8 hour per month time commitment with phone calls during the workday.
- Experience in managing events and volunteers
- Experience working as part of a nonprofit team
- Opportunities to learn from child welfare experts
- Knowledge that your work is helping build a greater network of support around the thousands of children in the Maricopa foster care system
4300 N. Miller Rd.Suite 116Scottsdale, AZ 85251
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 8-10 hours per month
- Be able to work remotely as part of a virtual team and also to meet in person at office in Scottsdale.