Life Skills Couch
3 people are interested
PROGRAM : Transitional Housing
COMPENSATION : Unpaid Internship
REPORTS TO: Housing Coordinator
Seed House Project (SHP) provides transitional living for Young adults and serves as a safe environment where individuals are treated with dignity and respect. SHP approaches the view of right living, focusing on the here and now, honesty, social responsibility and economic self-reliance.
This position will work as part of permanent supportive housing life coach management team. This position provides Intensive Life Skills Coach Management Services to formally homeless individuals with chronic medical conditions and co-occurring disorders.. Under the direction of the Life Coach Manager. The Life Skills Coach Manger will perform specialized tasks including comprehensive case management services such as assessment, goal setting, monitoring and reassessment, life skills, individual benefit assistance, referrals and linkages for all participants as well connecting the individual into community building environments. The Life Skills Coach Manager will also be providing verbal and encouraging reinforcement, creating dreams and developing a plan to achieve them. The Life Skills Coach Manager will document all client interactions and input that data into our case management system.
Our faculty has a clinical MSW on staff, which you will be working closely with. We can write off hours for any MSW Internship requirements.
- Develop professional relationships with clients and maintain a caseload of 2-3 participants.
- Conduct regular "face-to-face" field/home visits.
- Provide individual case management referrals and supportive services for clients.
- Assist clients with establishing benefits and/or educational opportunities.
- Assist clients with maintaining medication and treatment regimens including accompanying clients to appointments with health, mental health and other medical care providers.
- Provide crisis management services to support client housing retention, increase income and build community engagement.
- Maintain proper documentation and current case notes in a computerized database system
- Responsible with creating life plans and executing plans
- Creating positive reinforcement exercises for the individual.
- Responsible for reporting abuse, as a mandated reporter which includes immediately reporting any concerns with respect to violation of a person’s rights, actual and/or suspected abuse.
- Present client case reviews to Life Coach management Supervisor on a bi-weekly basis.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Must have appropriate computer and word processing skills and be able to handle multiple simultaneous tasks.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills, be able to maintain confidentiality, and present a professional appearance.
The following are essential to employment in this position :
- Own, and have readily available for use, a licensed, working vehicle;
- Valid California driver's license;
- Confirmation by FBI and US Department of Justice of no criminal history record;
- Evidence of a negative tuberculosis examination within 60 days prior to employment; and
- Drug-free status indicated by pre-employment drug screening and post-employment individualized suspicion testing and post-accident testing.
About Seed House Project
8539 NESTLE AVE, NORTHRIDGE, NORTHRIDGE, CA 91325, US
The Seed House Project is an organization that provides food, clothing, shelter, and employment oppurtunities to the homeless.
We are designing a 6 month program that is designed to serve as a platform for new opportunity while providing leadership and organization skills for individuals. The Seed House Project is designed to provide relief for the long term. Therefore in addition to feeding and clothing we are going to provide a house for 4 homeless individuals and spend 6 months training and helpingthem for the world menatlly physically and spiritually.
9410 Owensmouth Ave,Chatsworth, CA 91311
- Youth Services
- Crisis Intervention
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Child Development
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 24
- Orientation or Training
- One Hour Per Week.