Homeless kittens need you! Become a foster parent!
A flexible schedule is key! That’s because you’ll be:
- Transporting your foster animal to veterinary care and vaccination or spay/neuter appointments.
- Picking up supplies and meeting with potential adult adopters.
- Taking care of your foster animal until he or she is adopted, or when adoption space becomes available - we can’t always predict how long it will take (several days or weeks, for kittens).
If you foster kittens, you’ll need an area where you can keep them isolated from your own companion animals for a 2-week period minimum.WHY DO THESE KITTENS NEED FOSTER CARE?
- Some kittens are too young and/or underweight to be placed up for adoption.
- Kittens need a home environment where they can feel safe and receive proper socialization.
About Ohlone Humane Society
39120 Argonaut Way, PMB #108, Fremont, CA 94536, US
Ohlone Humane Society strives to inspire respect and compassion for all animals, advocate for their interests and welfare, and instill in our community that all living beings have a right to be treated humanely.
Ohlone Humane Society is a nonprofit animal welfare organization that serves the Tri-City area in the East Bay. We care for animals and the community through humane programs and services. Ohlone Humane Society is privately funded and relies on the generous support of our community through donations and volunteering.
As one of the few humane societies that maintains a wildlife rehabilitation center, Ohlone Humane Society truly advocates for all creatures--from injured or orphaned native species to abandoned companion animals.
Fremont, CAFremont, CA 94538
- Family Therapy
- Animal Care / Handling
- Must be at least 18
- At least 2-3 weeks during kitten season.
- Contact us for further details