8 people are interested
Assist Men in Recovery by Helping in our Kitchen
ORGANIZATION: Volunteers of America Oregon
Please visit the new page to apply.
8 people are interested
As a kitchen volunteer, assist the cook with food prep, cleaning, and cooking.
- Assist the cook, Lydia, by chopping veggies and fruit and create salads for the residents, staff, and alumni.
- Clean and organize the food storage and cooking supplies
You will be taking part in creating delicious food for residents who are trying to change their lives and live a life of recovery. Food plays a huge part in how we build community at Men’s residential Center.
- Comfortable around kitchen duties i.e. using knives, handling food
- Ability to stand for the majority of the shift, lift items that are about 25lbs, and work in warm kitchen
- Desire to assist the cook in whatever duties need to be completed
- Possess (or obtain a food handler’s card)
- The availability to become a long-term member of the community.
Shifts are Monday-Friday, 9am-lunch time (changes daily, but is never past 12:00pm), we would like to have a volunteer every day, but we are fine with it being multiple volunteers.
Men’s Residential Center: A one-year chemical dependency and cognitive restructuring program utilizing therapeutic community, evidence-based practices, and compassionate accountability to provide our clients with the opportunity to make the choices to engage in recovery both from their disease of chemical dependency and from their criminal lifestyle/harmful thinking patterns.
About Volunteers of America Oregon
3910 SE Stark Street, Portland, OR 97214, US
Our Vision Volunteers of America Oregon is a leader in creating vibrant, compassionate communities where every member is valued, every home is safe and every life is self-determined. Our Mission Volunteers of America Oregon changes lives by promoting self-determination, building strong communities and standing for social justice. Our Values High quality of service to our community. Ethical communications, Diversity, inclusiveness and equality, Partnership/collaborations and innovative solutions, Compassion and acceptance.
Since 1896, Volunteers of America Oregon has worked to change lives by promoting self-determination and building strong communities. Today, through the dedication of over 300 staff members and more than 1000 volunteers, we help thousands of families in the greater Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, Washington areas. We serve men, woman and children with a continuum of services, touching individuals from all walks of life, from the youngest to the oldest.
2318 NE MLK BlvdPortland, OR 97212
October 24, 2022
- Mental Health
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Shifts are Monday-Friday, 9am-lunch time (changes daily, but is never past 12:00pm), we would like to have a volunteer every day, but we are fine with it being multiple volunteers.
- Comfortable around kitchen duties Ability to stand for the most of the shift, lift about 25lbs, & work in warm kitchen Desire to assist the cook in duties. Possess or get food handlers card