Solicit Gift Donations for Annual Hike & Bike - Raises Scholarship Funds for At Risk Youth, NE PDX
Raise funds for Al Forthan Scholarship, a scholarship for students who come from families impacted by addiction. Seek out businesses to donate (i.e. gift cards, gift baskets, items) for our annual Hike & Bike event.
- Visit Different businesses, tell them all about the Al Forthan Scholarship and our event, and ask if they are able to donate anything.
- Write tax receipts and thank you notes to businesses that donate
The Hike & Bike takes place every year on the last Saturday of July, so person can spend all year seeking donations. You can make their own schedule.
Your efforts will support scholarships that impact many inspiring students. Last year we awarded 82,000 in college scholarships.
- Comfortable communicating with different businesses and asking for donations
- Desire to learn about the Al Forthan Scholarship and promote it
- Ability to work independently
- The availability to become a long-term member of the community.
About Volunteers of America Oregon
3910 SE Stark Street, Portland, OR 97214, US
Our Vision Volunteers of America Oregon is a leader in creating vibrant, compassionate communities where every member is valued, every home is safe and every life is self-determined. Our Mission Volunteers of America Oregon changes lives by promoting self-determination, building strong communities and standing for social justice. Our Values High quality of service to our community. Ethical communications, Diversity, inclusiveness and equality, Partnership/collaborations and innovative solutions, Compassion and acceptance.
Since 1896, Volunteers of America Oregon has worked to change lives by promoting self-determination and building strong communities. Today, through the dedication of over 300 staff members and more than 1000 volunteers, we help thousands of families in the greater Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, Washington areas. We serve men, woman and children with a continuum of services, touching individuals from all walks of life, from the youngest to the oldest.
2318 NE MLK BlvdPortland, OR 97212
September 15, 2021
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- The Hike & Bike takes place every year on the last Saturday of July, so person can spend all year seeking donations. You can make their own schedule.
- Essential: • Comfortable communicating with different businesses and asking for donations • Desire to learn about the Al Forthan Scholarship and promote it • Ability to work independently