Host an International Exchange Student and Bring the World to Rhode Island
Experience a new culture, grow your family, and create memories that last a lifetime! Volunteer to be a CIEE Host Family!
Hosting an international exchange student gives you the opportunity to learn new customs and perspectives, allows you to share American culture, and builds connections that cross borders and often last a lifetime. It is a gift to yourself, your international student, your school, and your community.
Host families come from all backgrounds, structures, and parts of the United States: two-parent or single parent homes, single people, empty nesters, kids, no kids, and more.
Requirements to volunteer as a host family with CIEE are:
- Accept a student into their home as a part of their family for one or two semesters
- Provide a bed and room (student can share a room with a host sibling of the same gender)
- Share three meals a day (other meals or school lunches are student's responsibility)
- Receive local and regional support 24/7 from well-trained staff and Local Coordinators
- Can apply for a $50 per month deduction on their federal income taxes
- Are between the ages of 15 and 18 (Grades 10-12)
- Well-screened and thoroughly tested.
- Speak English.
- Have access to their own spending money
- Have health insurance coverage through CIEE
- Are engaged, excited, open, and eager to join your family and participate in everyday activities!
For more information about becoming a host family, visit http://www.ciee.org/host-families.
Or, you can start a host family application at any time, by going to our application page: http://www.ciee.org/host. The application is non-committal and we will work with every step of the way!
Please Contact: Hillary Harrisemail@example.com
About CIEE: Council on International Educational Exchange
300 Fore St., Portland, ME 04101, US
Help people gain understanding, acquire knowledge, and develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world.
A nonprofit, nongovernmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international education and exchange. For more than 70 years CIEE has helped thousands of people gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and work in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world by offering the most comprehensive, relevant, and valuable exchange programs available.
The High School USA program sponsors international high school students from more than 70 nationalities to attend school and live with American host families each year.
We'll work with your schedule.
333 Main StreetBarrington, RI 02806
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 26