STEM Youth Volunteer
3 people are interested
We are looking for volunteers who are able to assist and help run STEM programs at the Boys & Girls Club of Metro Los Angeles, specifically with the Makers Space (at the Challengers location) and DIY STEM across all sites. Volunteers will help supervise the kids and make sure they are following the program instructions. In addition, they will help support youth with creation of projects and other basic science projects.
- Regular attendance, dependability and punctuality.
- Facilitate small group instruction for club members.
- Assist staff in setting up and putting away program materials.
- Able to know how to use the technology and tools in the STEM makers lab and able to help kids use them properly.
- Help youth guide and mentor STEM projects
- Help maintain upkeep of program.
- Supervise and foster a safe and nurturing learning environment for youth members during program.
- Report all member and parent concerns to the site director.
- Positively and effectively, redirect inappropriate member behaviors and implement the program discipline system to effectively monitor and guide member behavior.
Requirements for Volunteers:
- Must do a background check & Live Scan
- Must be 18 years or older
- 30 hours of volunteer service within a Year, willing to come in 1-2 days per week.
- Adhere and follow all volunteer on-boarding procedures
- Must do training and orientation
- No court-appointed volunteers
- Must have or be currently pursuing a college degree with a STEM background
- Have past experience with youth
- Passionate about the Boys & Girls Club Mission.
We'll work with your schedule.
5029 Vermont Ave Los Angeles, CA 900371339 E. 120th Street, Los Angeles, CA 900597104 Perry Rd, Bell Gardens, CA 90021Los Angeles, CA 90059
- Youth Services
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 30 hours of service within a year.
- -Must do background check and LiveScan, do an in-person intervie, and must attend training and orientation.