Volunteer Grant Writer
Mental Health America of Georgia
Mental Health America (MHA) of Georgia is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance the mental health of Georgians through education, outreach, and advocacy.
We are looking for a dedicated Volunteer Grant Writer to write grant proposals for our organization. The Volunteer Grant Writer will write coherent, organized and compelling proposals. You will collaborate with team members and Executive Director in the organization to assist with other fundraising projects, and develop relationships with key stakeholders. To ensure success you need to write well (strong storytelling and creative writing skills), have an understanding of fundraising methods. Preferred applicants are deadline-driven team players with outstanding multitasking abilities. This Volunteer Grant Writer position hours can vary depending on the activities on the budget and writing skills.
Information Related To The Job Description
* The position is unpaid.
* Volunteer positions allows flexible work schedules and the opportunity to work remotely.
* If seeking credit or practicum hours, additional documents will be required.
* Research grant sources (government and private) compatible with Mental Health America of Georgia's Mission, values and programs in support of the agency’s strategic and program goals.
* Coordinate the development of grant requests by establishing timelines outlining tasks, assignments and deadlines.
* Draft and edit grant proposals, checking for completeness against grant instructions, spelling, grammar and style. Format agency budget to meet grant sources’ budget requirements.
* Help Develop grant budgets.
The business and social environment we operate in has changed. What worked yesterday may not work today and will likely not work tomorrow. To succeed, we must incorporate new ways of thinking and embrace new practices. As part of our individual and agency cultural change process, it is critical that all associated with Mental Health America of Georgia aspire to this.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
* Grant writing experience preferred.
*Excellent organizational skills needed. Must be able to prioritize responsibilities properly and handle multiple tasks relating to concurrent grant and development projects.
* Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
* Collaborating with Executive Director and Director of Development to send funders
About Mental Health America of Georgia
2250 NorthDruid Hills Road NE, Suite 275, Atlanta, GA 30329, US
Mental Health America of Georgia works to enhance the mental health of all Georgians through education, outreach and advocacy.
Mental Health America of Georgia (formerly known as the National Mental Health Association of Georgia) is our state's leading nonprofit dedicated to helping all Georgians live mentally healthier lives.
With our state-wide affiliates, we represent a growing movement of Americans who promote mental wellness for the health and well-being of everyone in our state, emphasizing mental health as a critical component of a healthy lifestyle.