Education Services Program Internship Fall 2019
The Irish International Immigrant Center, located in downtown Boston, Massachusetts, is seeking an Education Services Program Intern. This is a chance to make a difference in the lives of immigrants and to gain an appreciation for diverse cultures while being part of an organization strongly rooted in its Irish culture.
The Education Services Program Internship role offers a wonderful opportunity for someone interested in immigration and social justice issues to become part of a team of people dedicated to helping immigrants integrate smoothly into their new communities. This is a great opportunity for someone to make a positive difference in the lives of many immigrants and to learn new skills and to gain a deep appreciation for a diverse range of cultures.
This is an unpaid internship, but we are happy to assist in any requirements that would qualify an eligible intern for course credit.
- 20-27 hours per week, preferably Monday through Thursday, but willing to work with class schedules (negotiable)
Recruitment and Intern/Volunteer Cycles (approximately):
- Fall Term: Sept - December 2019
- Assisting with English classes on various topics; working directly with immigrant and refugee students
- Daily scanning, filing, and copying
- Faxing and maintaining contact with outreach contact about courses and workshops
- Calling current and potential students
- Maintaining records, both hard copies and virtually
- Data entry
- Intake assessments
- Assisting in classroom set up, including necessary paperwork and physical space
- Occasional visits to Boston area organizations to provide outreach materials
- Attending monthly staff meetings
- Various administrative tasks as assigned by Education Director
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity with Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, etc.
- Data entry experience, preferred
- Experience with immigrant/refugee population, preferred
- Bilingual, or multilingual, preferred
REPORTS TO: Director of Education
ABOUT THE IRISH INTERNATIONAL IMMIGRANT CENTER
We empower over 3,500 immigrants and refugees annually from more than 120 countries by providing the legal, wellness and educational support they need to build successful lives. Building on our Irish roots of welcoming others and social justice, we help newcomers find community, and we stand up for immigration policies that are humane and just. America is a nation of immigrants, and despite the current political climate, we are proud to continue the tradition of welcoming immigrants to this country and working together to create a better future for all.
Our vision is of a society where all people are welcomed and valued and enjoy equal opportunities and protections. Rooted in the Irish tradition of hospitality, we work to create a safe and welcoming place for people from around the world who come to our Center.
HOW TO APPLY:
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS NOW
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. You also need to complete our online application form, which can be found at: https://fs24.formsite.com/koboyleiicenterorg/form1/index.html.
For more information on the Irish International Immigrant Center, please visit www.iiicenter.org
The Irish International Immigrant Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds and languages to apply.
1 STATE STSuite 800BostonBoston, MA 02109
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- TIME COMMITMENT 20-27 hours per week, preferably Monday through Thursday, but willing to work with class schedules (negotiable) DATES Recruitment and Intern/Volunteer Cycles (approximately): Fall Term: Sept - December 2019
- Dedication to the mission