Support Youth Clubs as Red Cross Club Youth Engagement Lead
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Are you interested in helping our future leaders get involved in their local community? Do you enjoy advising and mentoring youth? Have an interest in program develoment?
The Red Cross is seeking a Youth Engagement Lead to support our existing Red Cross High School Clubs, as well as supporting the growth of new clubs in their community. Red Cross Clubs help engage youth in supporting Red Cross services, through a number of avenues; including, fundraising, organizing and supporting blood drives at their school, educating our community on disaster preparedness, and other projects that match their passions. The Youth Engagement Lead will work closely with club members, school advisors, and Red Cross program staff to collaborate and increase the outreach of the Red Cross in our community.
The Youth Engagement Lead serves as a peer and confidante working collaboratively with regional Volunteer Services to support National Youth Strategy goals and objectives to educate and engage youth in all aspects of the Red Cross mission.
- Experience working with and leading youth and young adults
- Leadership in nonprofit or for-profit organizations
- Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences
- Knowledge and understanding of Red Cross services and operations and opportunities for volunteer service, specifically youth and young adult volunteer opportunities
- Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs
- Works well individually and with others
- Ability to work with and utilize Volunteer Connection database
- Exceptional people skills to understand and meet the needs of a diverse audience
- Team building, and succession planning skills to build youth program continuity
- Relationship building skills working collaboratively with staff partner as well as board members, senior management, and other volunteer partners as needed
- Understanding the value of youth and young adult volunteers and providing leadership and support to ensure youth and young adult volunteers are productive and have a mutually rewarding experience
Approximately 10 hours per week, working remotely and on-site. Available during weekends and/or evenings to best accommodate youth and young adult volunteer schedules.
About American Red Cross - Cascades Region
3131 N. Vancouver Ave, Portland, OR 97227, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
5109 NE 82nd AveVancouver, WA 98662
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 10 hours per week
- Ability to attend Red Cross Club meetings and events.