Soup kitchen at Patterson Park Community Center
3 people are interested
- 10:15 AM to 12:00 PM if meeting us at Patterson Park.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Serve hot meals to those in need!
- Unload meals and beverages when The Salvation Army's food delivery driver arrives at the Patterson Park Community Center
- Set up meals for distribution
- Accurately complete daily client intake forms and volunteer sheets
- Distribute meals / interact with clients
- Tear down and clean-up of the food distribution site
- Reload leftover food and beverages into the delivery van when The Salvation Army's driver returns to the Patterson Park Community Center
About The Salvation Army of Summit County
190 S. Maple St., P.O. Box 22520, Akron, OH 44302, US
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
With three corps and seven service units, The Salvation Army of Summit County offers a wide variety of programs to persons in need across the county. Homeless men and women with children can stay in one of the only family shelters while they look for affordable living accommodations. With free groceries and hot meals, families and individuals can stay well nourished. Utility assistance is on hand to people who have a disconnection notice on their gas or electric. At the Child Development Center, preschool children learn basic skills necessary to enter and excel in kindergarten. The Learning Center, an academic after school program provides homework help as well as time for creative outlets. Children and youth participate in character building programs fostered through an array of recreational activities, music and spiritual guidance. Seasonal giving programs allow low income families to enjoy and celebrate the holidays with donated gifts and food. More than twenty thousand individuals are served through our centers in Summit County.
We'll work with your schedule.
800 Patterson AveAkron, OH 44310
- Cooking / Catering
- Event Management
- Food & Beverage Services
- Customer Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 10:30 AM to 12:15 PM once a week.
- Must be reliable.