Program Volunteers Needed to support elementary students!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
5 people are interested
The "I Have A Dream" Foundation of Boulder County (IHDF) is seeking compassionate, dedicated and flexible volunteers to serve as program tutors and supporters at one of our 13 after-school learning centers in the Boulder Valley and St. Vrain Valley School Districts. Work location varies based on preferred program site location.
"I Have A Dream" Foundation is a non-profit that serves children from low-income communities ("Dreamer Scholars"), supporting their efforts to reach their education and career goals. IHDF provides a long-term (10+ years) intervention program of mentoring, tutoring, enrichment, social emotional, and access to opportunities and experiences they would not have otherwise. Upon graduation from high school, each Dreamer Scholars is eligible to receive a tuition-assistance scholarship for college or vocational school. We currently serve over 700 Dreamer Scholars throughout Boulder County. Dreamer Scholars attend programming Monday through Friday and participate in a variety of activities to develop their academic and social-emotional skills.
- Assist IHDF Program Staff in planning and implementing age-appropriate activities and lessons.
- Support Dreamer Scholars one-on-one or in small groups with reading, math, and other subjects.
- Engage and participate with Dreamer Scholars in all activities (including recess and free choice).
- Act as a positive role model, holding Dreamer Scholars to high standards.
- Interview with Tutor Coordinator or Volunteer Manager
- Available a minimum of 1 day per week/semester (Spring, Summer, Fall)
- Experience working with youth preferred
- Spanish proficiency preferred
Interested applicants should fill out an application: https://bouldercounty.ihdf.org/volunteer-application-2/
Contact Volunteer Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-444-3636 x119
About "I Have A Dream" Foundation of Boulder County
5390 Manhattan Circle, Boulder, CO 80303, US
Mission: To empower children from low-income communities to succeed in school, college, and career by providing academic, social, and emotional support from elementary school through college, along with a post-secondary tuition assistance scholarship. Vision: Our dream is a world where all children have equal access to the educational and career opportunities that will ignite their innate potential.
Since 1990, IHDF Boulder County has served more than 1,000 local youth, and currently has 12 active Dreamer Scholar Classes. The model, with its one-on-one attention and daily programming, has proven to narrow the opportunity gap. Dreamer Scholars graduate from high school, enroll in post-secondary programming, and complete their post-secondary education at much higher rates than their low-income peers.
We'll work with your schedule.
Multiple addressesBoulder, CO 80303
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- One afternoon per week for a minimum of one semester.