Ongoing Summer Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
We are looking for volunteers who are able to assist and help run programs at the Boys & Girls Club of Metro Los Angeles. At all sites, volunteers have various roles including academic tutors, sport coaches, field trip supervisors, art teacher, STEM tutors, and many more. All the programs fall into one of the three categories: Healthy Habits, Academic Success, and Good Character/Citizenship. We need volunteers to help supervise the kids and make sure they are following the program instructions. Volunteers can help in a specific program based on preference and skills.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Regular attendance, dependability and punctuality.
- Facilitate small group instruction for club members.
- Ensuring all club members are following the program activity
- Assist staff in setting up and putting away program materials.
- Help maintain upkeep of program.
- Supervise and foster a safe and nurturing learning environment for youth members during program.
- Report all member and parent concerns to the site director.
- Positively and effectively, redirect inappropriate member behaviors and implement the program discipline system to effectively monitor and guide member behavior.
We'll work with your schedule.
7104 Perry Rd, Bell Gardens1556 E. 120th Street, Los Angeles11251 Compton Ave, Los AngelesLos Angeles, CA 90059
- Sports Coaching
- Youth Services
- Visual Arts
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Need to commit at least 30 hours of volunteer service within a year.
- No court appointed volunteers, must proceed with all volunteer on-boarding procedures.