Fight Hunger! Administrative Volunteer
DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
About Second Harvest Food Bank
Looking for mission-driven work? Based in Silicon Valley, Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties is one of the largest food banks in the nation. Currently providing food to more than one quarter of a million people every month, Second Harvest is a trusted community-based organization that was founded in 1974. Despite the immense wealth in Silicon Valley, and partly due to the high cost of living, hunger and malnutrition are pervasive. The Food Bank distributes nutritious food, including more fresh produce than any other food bank in the country, through a network of nearly 320 nonprofit partners at more than 850 sites. Second Harvest is pursuing innovative efforts to increase access to food resources as it seeks to feed an additional 100,000 hungry people each month. To reach more people, it advocates for anti-hunger policies and connects those in need to federal nutrition programs and other food resources. To learn more about how Second Harvest is building a hunger-free community, visit www.SHFB.org.
Administrative Volunteer Position:
Our San Jose Curtner Office in Willow Glen is currently looking for a cheerful volunteer to assist with administrative tasks to help manage paperwork related to our food distributions and client registrations.
This volunteer opportunity might be for you if:
- You absolutely love helping people!
- You have a high attention to detail and is the type of person who doesn’t easily get overwhelmed by paperwork or data entry.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Dependable, we can rely on you for at least 2 shifts per week, each shift can be 3-4 hours. We are looking for a commitment of at least 6 months.
- Maintaining and updating valuable site information in our databases.
- Entering rosters and application forms received by mail in the database.
- Printing materials and general filing.
- Receiving incoming mail and preparing outgoing materials for site distributions.
- Supporting the preparation of bulk mailings.
- Preparing correspondence as needed.
- Other Admin duties as assigned.
Schedule is somewhat flexible, but the volunteer would ideally be available at least 2 (3 is even better!) 3-4 hour shift during working hours (9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
We'll work with your schedule.
Second Harvest Food Bank-Curtner750 Curtner AveSan Jose, CA 95125
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 2 shifts Monday-Friday from 9-4:00 p.m.
- 6 month commitment