Disaster Action Team (DAT) Duty Officer - Washington DC
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Ensures timely activation and monitoring of local and regional DAT responses. The Duty Officer supports the DAT program either at the chapter/territory or region level.
- May determine if Red Cross action is required; may decide if Red Cross will respond via DAT.
- Uses event triggers such as size, scope, and type of the event to direct the DAT response.
- Works with on-scene DAT leadership to support the response and provide technical guidance.
- Support and trains new Duty Officers.
- Dispatch DAT members and monitor the response to ensure appropriate resources are made available.
- Activate Disaster Health Services, Disaster Mental Health, and Disaster Spiritual Care, Public Affairs when requested.
- Documents incoming disaster notification and creates & verifies events in RC View, when applicable.
- Where appropriate, maintains access to and ability to use the Client Assistance System (CAS) to enter case data and load CACs.
- May be required to monitor activity across multiple DAT responses.
- Notify Chapter and Regional staff of significant events, and contribute to an Initial Incident Report, when appropriate.
- Attends regularly scheduled team/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
G/A/P of RES/DAT/SA or above and
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to mission of the American Red Cross.
- Ability to remotely monitor and track details of DAT responses
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in complex and stressful situations.
- Proficient with Red Cross systems and online interfaces.
- Sit and/or stand for minimum two hour periods
- Work for long periods on computer
- Speak clearly on the phone and in person
About American Red Cross - ARC in the National Capital Region
8550 Arlington Blvd., Fairfax, VA 22031, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
431 18th Street, NWWashington, DC 20006
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Hours vary depending on disaster frequency.