Nathaniel Hawthorne House/Hooper Hathaway/Exhibit Volunteer
As a key member of the Visitor Service Team, Nathaniel Hawthorne House/Hooper Hathaway and Exhibit monitors interact with guests while answering questions and monitoring guest behavior in the self-guided areas of the site. Volunteers in these areas ensure that guests are respecting the historic spaces by following established rules.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome guests entering Nathaniel Hawthorne House or Exhibit space;
- Inform that you are there to assist them as they self-guide through the space by answering questions or helping them find their way;
- Stay in the space the entire time until relieved by another staff member for breaks or lunch. While stationed in this area, remind guests as needed to please not touch objects on display, not to eat, drink or smoke in the space, and not to take any pictures of any kind;
- Arrive at work on time and work the entire scheduled shift.
About HOUSE OF SEVEN GABLES SETTLEMENT ASSOCIATION
SETTLEMENT ASSOCIATION 115 DERBY ST, SALEM, MA 01970, US
To preserve our National Historic Landmark and leverage its power as an icon of American culture to engage diverse audiences and provide education opportunities for our local immigrant community.
We value the preservation and philanthropic Settlement legacies of our founder, Caroline Emmerton.
We value the literary legacy of Nathaniel Hawthorne.
We value our designation as a National Historic Landmark and our role in telling the history of our nation.
We value the historic preservation of our site: buildings, gardens and stories.
We value being a center of and for the following communities:
National historical community
Local, at-risk immigrant community
We value education.
115 Derby StreetSalem, MA 01970
- Customer Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- The House of the Seven Gables is open 7 days a week from 10am-7pm. We would like a volunteer to be able to volunteer for a minimum of a 4 hour shift.